• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LowlyPropCapt

PBR For Life, and Beyond!
Little rumor going around:

Piedmont is grounding up to 8 Dash -100s due to nose gear issues. Apparently, some rocket scientist forgot that about some time limited parts on the nose wheel assemblies until today.

The catch? No one makes the parts anymore!

Discuss...

I hear that train a-comin', comin' round the bend.
For twenty years, dash 8 nose gears
did their job and didn't bend!
But this place is run by morons
and this, I think's the end...

Parking 8 planes, huh? Outstanding.

I can see the next 9am "Emergency Meeting to Formulate A Strategy For Meetings To Address the Impending Need For More Meetings" agenda:

"Folks, we aren't LOSING 8 planes, we're keeping... uhh, how many is 55 minus 8?... thanks... We're KEEPING eleventy-sixty! Pass the doughnuts."

Why does no one make the parts anymore? I would think most parts are the same as the 2, 3, or 400s

Why does no one make the parts anymore? I would think most parts are the same as the 2, 3, or 400s

Just like the auto manufacturers (sp, who cares), one time frame purchase, lifetime PARTS purchase. Who cares (company's mind) as long as airframes are selling. Different parts, same parts, no difference, tag AVIATION on it and make a mint.

They will have us flying them without retracting the gear now. I wouldn't doubt it. Sure you can MEL the entire nose gear!

Is it an immediate grounding of 8 airplanes or in the next month or so? I honestly believe they didn't know the parts were time limited. In the same way heavy D checks sneak up on you and you didn't see them coming. Any rumor on how long to get parts?

Latest resources

Back