Piedmont classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

se1776 said:
dont go to Piedmont you will never move up.
if you ready for 7 legs and 5 airplane swaps go for it.
but don't say nobody told you.

You didnt leave your G-IV job to come to PDT did you?

If you live in base, have armor plating that deflects BS, and don't buy into the rumor mill, PDT ain't that bad.

paulsalem said:
How bad is commuting?

Most bases=2 leg commute=1/3-1/2 day traveling on each side of a trip

10 days off a month on reserve + commuting=sucks

12-14 days off a month with a hard line is ok, but you still don't really have a life

Some trips start early and then end late, then you get 2 days off, then another early show. If you commute, that means you spend 24 hours at home. I wouldn't recommend commuting at PDT unless you have some sort of one leg commute, but that means you probably need to live near a hub of a major airline.

On the positive side, we do have a commuter policy and we are CASS approved, so that makes commuting a little easier.

When I was based in CLT, commuting was a breeze. Now the company has closed it, said F U to the guys who left Florida, and gave us all 2 leggers through CLT or PHL.

With the flights to/from home for me, I have to leave the day before almost every trip. The earliest I can report and still have 2 flights is 1600. The latest I can finish a trip and get back home the same day is 1700.

Add to that the out 'n backs that they tag on to a 3 or 4 day and the hotel bills have piled up too. I did the math on it recently, and it is costing me around $400 a month to have this dam job. Crashpadding wouldn't save much money with the extra car / insurance I'd have to buy.

Like I said. If you live in base, it wouldn't be too bad. Schedules aren't commuter friendly here, so save yourself the misery. God knows I can't wait to find a job where I can spend more time at home since I'm stuck where I live now and can't move to my base.

Besides.. We've had bases in ORF/PHF, JAX, TPA, LYH, CLT, FLO, and BWI that are no longer. Why would you move to a base when the company will close them in a heartbeat.

Whatever, six of us just got displaced as of today, F this place.
ATTN: All Captain from now on leave the igniters on at all time, and stay low...fuel is cheap...

Yeah, still commuting. I talk with the Doc frequently, but can't fly with him since I'm not home enough.

Latest resources

Back