• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont classes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hmmm not sure about sendin the cd to people...is there fom stuff on there? if so, then you most likely cannot legally give it to someone that it wasn't issued to by the company, same reason they make you turn in your manuals when you leave the company, don't quote me on this, just for some reason this thought popped into my head while reading this latest discourse...

Yes, there is FOM stuff on the CD.

I thought the systems test was fairly easy when I went through. The only thing I had was the CD, and prior turbine experience to fall back on. The prior turbine experience was what helped the most. PDT training is geared to pilots who already have basic knowledge of turbine aircraft. If you don't have that kind of experience, get that book and learn the basics. I haven't read said book, but I'm sure it will help.

The problems people were having in my class was that when a component was being discussed, we were told what it does to what system in the Dash. They would tell you what powers the TRUs, and what they power, but assumed you knew what a TRU was. Same with inverters, outflow valves, standby hydraulic pumps, etc. If you know what these things do in most airplanes, you will be fine when it comes to learning the Dash.

We had 11 people in my class, 5 of us had flown turbine aircraft. The lowest score any of us 5 made was above 95. The rest of the folks were able to ask questions from us, and the instructors to make it through. A couple bombed the first test, but made it through the second try with flying colors.

Get the book, and stop sweating ground school. The sim instructors will make you sweat enough.

I just got an e-mail today from Mrs. Parker confirming that the Nov. and Dec. class dates will not run. I know that there had been some rumor on here on wheather or not this was true, so I'm sorry to say to anyone (myself included) that is swimming in the pool, it looks like we'll need a liferaft to stay afloat in this pool. Sorry to bring the bad news.:(

Ouch!
PM me your interview date and I'll put you in my unofficial pool. So far, there's four people in it, including myself. Please include an email address so that I can update you on the status.

How many people does PDT usually put in class?

Are they still interviewing?

bums around murphys

Off topic, but I was at recurrent in CLT a few weeks ago. After sims were done we all went to Murphys, etc. Sitting out on the porch area, one of those bums was next to the fence, kept asking for money, harassing us while we were eating, etc. I guess theyve been a problem around murphys, anyrate next thing we see is this large fella come running out of the inside with a police baton stick with tazer barbs attached to it. Chases the urban outdoorsman around the parking lot and shocks hims with this stun-gun stick thing a bunch of times. It was really amusing. I had never seen this weapon, it was about the size of a billy-club but had little nodes on the stick. I guess the big guy was the owner. So for you new hires, gotta watch out, the bums will getcha. Oh, and the Ramada has free passes to the G-club next door for yalls info. Just go to the front desk and ask for 'em. I had to ask this nice little old lady for 'em, but the embarassment wears off in a second or two.

Muphys was already a great distraction, but with bums being tazed and free passes to the G-Club its no wonder people are having problems with training! Free entertainment everywhere. Anybody heard why those classes are getting cancelled?

Dash8 said:
is it worth it? only you can determine that...

we all talk about pdt too, but for an entirely different reason...search the posts, you'll find em

does the trng dept gun for people? yes
its not really a training department in so much as it is a discipline department, what can you expect when the director of training enters a new hire classes and threatens them that they're just waiting for them to screw up so they can fire them

Sorry I can't let this one go...

You must be an Allegheny guy, right?

Full Disclosure: I am a native Piedmont guy who has never had a problem with either management or the training department. As a matter of fact, the contacts I have had with both have been downright professional and pleasant even in disagreement.

So the training department guns for people? Do you have evidence of this? Are you even aware of what the pass rate in CQ is or do just listen to your buddies' stories and half baked rumors? If you are one of the Allegheny folks that is ticked off so bad, do you really think the training department is after you personally?

Get over yourself. JK and the rest of the training department doesn't spend 1 second trying to think up ways to screw you over. As a matter of fact, it is highly unlikely that they even know who you are. The world doesn't revolve around you.

I fly with a number of former Allegheny folks who feel that thier present state is untenable and there only option is to resist all change whatever the price. The Allegheny way was the only way, and dang it, you are going to prove it one way or another. My unsolicited advice? Get over it. The company you fly for wants you to fly the airplane thier way. Unless they are asking you to violate your contract or the FAR's or operate in an unsafe manner just do it like the book says. Basically, shut up and fly or quit.

Now, if you are a native Piedmont pilot, than whatever your issue is with the company than solve it or get over it. Or leave, that is always an option too. I believe in keeping a low profile and keeping my head down. On the rare occasion when I have had a beg to differ with the company, I handled it calmly and professionally and never came away disappointed. It is the art of telling someone to got to hell, but making them look forward to the trip.

Piedmont, like every other regional, is niether Shagri-La nor is it Dante's Inferno. It is someplace in between. I like some of the things the training department does and others I disagree with. Some people I like more than others, but that is goiing to be the case anywhere. More or less it is up to you to make it what you will. Most people who have problems here (especially in training) make there own troubles by either having a crappy attitude or flat not knowing their jobs.

There, I feel better. Stepping off the soapbox now.

Last edited:
I get the boneless buffalo chicken fingers about once a week from murphey's - good stuff man. friggin bums are everywhere over there no kidding

Latest resources

Back