• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont classes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
is it worth it? only you can determine that...

we all talk about pdt too, but for an entirely different reason...search the posts, you'll find em

does the trng dept gun for people? yes
its not really a training department in so much as it is a discipline department, what can you expect when the director of training enters a new hire classes and threatens them that they're just waiting for them to screw up so they can fire them

3 out of 14 for only systems seems a little high. Those are not great odds so I understand what you mean by "is it worth it." An acceptable failure rate at reputable airlines is usually around 1 in 25. If a failure rate is too high, it means that either the company is not good at hiring people, or they have a poor training program.

Flyinisforbirds said:
If a failure rate is too high, it means that either the company is not good at hiring people, or they have a poor training program.

B..I..N..G..O (on both)

they say they are there to help you and get you through... it doesn't take much to get in the pool with pdt in the first place... you can have 500 hours and 20 multi and get to a class... it's up to you whether or not you want to risk not passing and having that on your record... i don't know, there was a dude in my class who wasn't doing all that well and he never got any additional help, although he never asked for additional help, but he ended up dropping out... who knows...

I didn't think I was going to make it past sims... I was comparing myself to my sim partner who happend to be an ex captain... but whatever, I passed and now I'm here. :)

yea for some reason i couldn't stay right on loc and gs in the friggin thing... finally i just got to the point where i would just be aggressive to keep it centered and it worked... the plane is so much easier... lol

I havent flown many AI's with a command bar, but from what I remember, it was easier NOT to use them. I felt like I was chasing them, rather than using them to aid me. It's sort of like a heading bug for your DG, but harder to align since you're turning and pitching for it.

Arent they just there to help you hand fly the plane. I'd rather just hand fly the needles or keep it on AP.

I forget, with the AP on, do the command bars come up. I think so?

Any tips on flying the command bars. I just recall having to follow them blindly, chasing a little, where ever they went. I dont have a lot of experience with them either.

the systems test is not impossible, although it is hard, studying your a$$ of for it a must. Also actually understanding how things work instead of just the words in the manual and the notes from class will help. I personally do not know if they are harder than the jet, but a buddy of mine who just left here to fly the CRJ said their systems test was just as hard at the one at PDT. As for the command bars, they are the crosshair type, not the single cue which are more common. I would suggest using the command bars until you are comfortable flying the aircraft, they really are there as an aid and will help you keep your bank from getting excessive and your pitch where it should be, and yes they have to be on when the auto pilot is on....

Latest resources

Back