• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont classes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
two questions. are they really hiring at as low as 500/20, and what are the chances of getting a smaller base like roa just out of training??

disw167 said:
two questions. are they really hiring at as low as 500/20, and what are the chances of getting a smaller base like roa just out of training??

I've heard they hire low times but you've got to be an aviation univ. grad.

bizzum said:
the systems test is not impossible, although it is hard, studying your a$$ of for it a must. Also actually understanding how things work instead of just the words in the manual and the notes from class will help. I personally do not know if they are harder than the jet, but a buddy of mine who just left here to fly the CRJ said their systems test was just as hard at the one at PDT. As for the command bars, they are the crosshair type, not the single cue which are more common. I would suggest using the command bars until you are comfortable flying the aircraft, they really are there as an aid and will help you keep your bank from getting excessive and your pitch where it should be, and yes they have to be on when the auto pilot is on....

Will having read say, "The Turbine Pilots Flight Manual" help tremendously in terms of understanding systems?
I guess it is more a generic overview of systems found on most TP and jet aircraft. I guess its important to have a fundamental udnerstanding of these systems conceptually, before you begin to udnerstand the specific systems to say the dash 8. Is it the specific systems that make it harder. How helpful is the CD they send out before you attend training.

I'm not in their pool or anything, not even competitive with times, just preparing.

I am not sure about that book, I have never read it, but the CD you get has what you need, they give you a hard copy of it in ground school. The systems are really not hard, its just that on the tests they get into great detail on the operations of some of the systems. IF you take good notes in class, you will have 90% of the questions that will be on the test, the key is to take what you get in notes from class, and read about the topic in the systems manual. If you show up understanding that you HAVE to study you will be fine. The first two tests are cut and dry, black and white, especially the limitations test. If you know the whole limits section you will get 100% on that test. The systems test just isn't so black and white, BUT you get "foot stompers" from the instructor during class, so know that system inside and out!

NYCPilot: I believe it will help. I read that book about a year or so ago. I forgot I even had it until you mentioned. That's probably why I didn't have as big of a problem as others did. I would have to say it did help me (but I really didn't realize it until, like I said, you brought it up on conversation)

Although the training dept is becoming notorious, failing out of ground school at pdt is unacceptable. They tell you what you need to know, they give you the tools and information to find it, and if you put in some time before you get there, and don't spend too much time at Murphy's while you are in CLT (although some time eating and drinking is a must), it shouldn't be a problem. Sure you have to put in study time but that should be expected, we are supposed to be airline pilots, we're not flying little jimmy around for his pvt anymore. Those of you just coming in I wouldn't let the ground school scare you away, despite what you have heard.

Is there a way to get the CD? I am in the pool and I would like to start studying. I know the pool is not a guarantee in, but I like to be ahead of the game.

by avaition university grad, do mean a university with a 141 school?? and curious as to where the first assignment would be.

Latest resources

Back