• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont bases questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pro's---- Our bases are in places where cost of living is cheaper which is really nice. However all this could change with the FAA Rest Rules coming.
Con's---- Many bases aren't in major Cities so you are looking at a hard time or basically a 2 leg commute. But you said you're gonna live in base.... So you'll be fine.

As a new Hire I'd say CHO or ROA might be best....

Good Luck..

I was Allegheny and left right before the merger in 04. All the bases we had at ALG are closed except MDT. If I had stayed for the merger I would have bid ROA (and moved from my base in SYR) as it was the most junior at the time and I would have been close to a line as a CA. I considered EWN also to be close to surfing on the coast.

If I were you I'd go ROA as (from what I understand from friend still at PDT) it is the largest (or second to SBY) and most junior. You should have no problem living in ROA on 1st year pay. Just my 2 cents.

With the hiring and upgrades finally starting to ramp up I'd imagine you could probably hold a line in any base reasonably quickly.

Last edited:
Anywhere but EWN. You don't wanna get paired up with Surf.:D

ROA is a pretty decent town, I have lived here since 2008, and I am interviewing on the 9th and hopefully will be sitting reserve at-home sometime late this spring.

That's epic. Can't believe I hadn't seen that before. There's a few out there like that. 3000 hours in the right seat at PDT and I had of those right before I bailed. Amazing how CRM improves when you tell someone like that to go F themselves (diplomatically of course).

Oh man Kaman, that's rough.... Don't expect to be on reserve too long. But PDT will be lucky to have a guy like you. Enjoy the monster!

Latest resources

Back