• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont Aplication - Why not online?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pay for Dispatchers is crap ,so you get what you pay for. Remember, they're not ther because the comany wants them. They're there because the FAA requires them.

Bingo!

And Jelly I wasn't bustin on you! If it came out that way I'm sorry! But you will find out when you upgrade that it can be lonely as hell over there in the left seat with a worthless 200hr pilot to your right and a dispatcher that has no clue of the weather your about to fly into!
I can't count how many times I had to make them aware that I could not go the normal route because of a line of Embedded Storms! There answer, "Oh Yea, Okay lets change that for you"!
Now there a few up there in SBY that do a good job, but like woxon says, "you play peanuts, you get a bunch of monkeys"!

Bingo!

And Jelly I wasn't bustin on you! If it came out that way I'm sorry! But you will find out when you upgrade that it can be lonely as hell over there in the left seat with a worthless 200hr pilot to your right and a dispatcher that has no clue of the weather your about to fly into!
I can't count how many times I had to make them aware that I could not go the normal route because of a line of Embedded Storms! There answer, "Oh Yea, Okay lets change that for you"!
Now there a few up there in SBY that do a good job, but like woxon says, "you play peanuts, you get a bunch of monkeys"!

o ya i understand. it's just scary that they let these airplanes in the sky without a certain amount of technology. thank god for the experience we have at this company. i had a captain sigh when he saw me and it wasn't a fresh outta college guy and i've only been here for a year. what the hell do i know!?!

o ya i understand. it's just scary that they let these airplanes in the sky without a certain amount of technology. thank god for the experience we have at this company. i had a captain sigh when he saw me and it wasn't a fresh outta college guy and i've only been here for a year. what the hell do i know!?!

Oh Yea! I love my naps, and I ain't getting one with a 200hr pilot! ;-)

Forward me your resume and cover letter and I will submit it and a recommendation for you.
They need pilots and they are willing to train 300 hour guys.
We have a guy with 248 hours 50 of which are sim time.
They help you through the tough tough training.

[email protected]

Jeesh WSurf, is your "." button broken? Nothing but !!!s for you today huh?

BTW, that wasn't you on our jumpseat coming back into EWN two days ago was it?

what do you guys think of me submitting a referral form for a guy with 321 tt and 9 hours of twin. worth the shot for $500??

Haha that's funny! The other day we where on the ground at PHL with a re-route to CRW. Now with a 425 mile route we figured we should call dispatch. They said it would take them ten minutes, just go. The Cap said "no!" Dispatch said just put in in your KNS. We said F-it and went. We where just going to land at PIT and get more fuel. Yes PIT that's how far out of the way this was. We got direct ten minutes later.

Yes I did file an ASAP for taking off without knowing the min fuel.

Guys, this is so crazy that I am breaking my silence to post. So glad I wasn't working on this shift. WX must have been rotten. Anyway, we in dispatch absolutely have the technology to calculate the new burn. In fact, dispatchers learn how to calculate burn using math or that goofy E6-B that you probably used back in flight school before they even get to use the computer. Next time, make us work for you. We can do so much more than just order crewmeals! It will only make it easier for the next time. Still can't believe you left with that much of a reroute and no amendment to MFUL. Glad you ASAPed it. Mgmt will be all over that dispatcher to prevent this from happening again.

Daviator how are you going to give a rec when you are so wet behind the ears?
I guess you want another $500 to go with your $2500 off Ioe money..:eek:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back