• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont Aplication - Why not online?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I read in the recent issue of Air Transport World that Piedmont's fleet is going to be revamped. Something about how first they were focused on the Airbus order for mainline, and now they are going to focus on Piedmont. If I can get the exact quote tomorrow, I will post it.

A lot of people think that the latest info is that turboprops are going away, but the latest LATEST info is that turboprops are more economical on certain routes.

US Airways, having completed its deal for 92 new Airbus aircraft (ATWOnline, June 19), now will turn its attention to replacing the fleet of wholly owned regional subsidiary Piedmont Airlines. "A year we ago we announced we were looking at replacement [for the Piedmont fleet] but we redirected our attention to a larger order for the mainline," a US Airways spokesperson told ATWOnline. "Now that the mainline order is out, we will focus our attention on Piedmont." The regional, based in Salisbury, Md., currently operates a fleet of 56 Dash 8s. The spokesperson said that there are advantages to having an all-turboprop fleet for short-haul operations in the busy Northeast Corridor but that no decision has been made on aircraft type.

they're on their way! everybody hold your breath, it'll be that quick!!

They're probably getting replaced with Colgan's and Pinnacle's old saabs or Chautauqua's and CCair's old JetStreams.

Piedmont Airlines - you can only shine a turd so much!

Latest resources

Back