• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont Aplication - Why not online?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does anyone know why Piedmont no longer has the .pdf pilot application on their website? It was just there a few days ago.

On another note, I saw that their published mins were just a multi commercial. I know everyone talks about this, but do people with merely a wet CMEL actually get hired, or just able to submit their apps?

Wow,

How times change. When I interviewed at PDT, the HENSON sign was still on the hangar in SBY (it was changed to "Piedmont" when I showed up for class 1 week later)....figure 93 or so.

I had 3000 hours, previous scheduled 135 (commuter rules, back then), and 1400 turbine. If you can believe it, I was the LOW timer of the group. We had LOTS of experience...some guys had 5000 TT and 1000+ PIC.

As is always the case, my bad karma made things worse there...right after I got there, they lost a whole bunch of flying to FloridaGulf (part of Mesa), and so began a downhill spiral for the place. It was never the same.

Nu

Yeah, no kidding about times changing. I've been following the airlines as an aspiring pilot sine 1999 when I was a brand new teenager and even from back just then this job market is friggin nuts. Even though I'm just breaking into this thing professionally, I am trying to appreciate that this market is pretty crazy historically.

Best advice I can give you is stay away from PDT this pface is F++K up like nothing like you ever seen before, and even if you worked here good luck getting pay what they own you...

How times change.

Word. I was one of those smarta**es from an aviation school with lowered mins, and I still remember what one of my instructors told me: "This [the Dash] is a lot of airplane to handle at 1000 hours...a lot of airplane."

Word. I was one of those smarta**es from an aviation school with lowered mins, and I still remember what one of my instructors told me: "This [the Dash] is a lot of airplane to handle at 1000 hours...a lot of airplane."

True dat. Comming from the 1900, the Ocho took a lot of studying to get down pat. DC gens, AC gens, TRUs, solid state inverters, AHRS, SAHS...not to mention keeping 180 till the marker and trying to slow down without pushing the props up.

Fun times. It was a good company with a lot of history and the best contract in the industry when I got hired. I remember getting my uniform fitted (!) in the trailer in the hangar (picture that).

There was funky 60's style decor in the hangar offices, really cheesy wood panneling upstairs in the classrooms, and there was actually a bunk room down the hall from the old 99 days. Old Rei Torres would go "hellloooo?"

Lunch in the terminal was most amusing. If you ordered fries with your 0.0003 lb burger, you got like 3 fries total.

I still remember sitting with 2 of my buds at a joint behind the Hilton they put us up at (at company expense, making full pay/per diem from the first day). We were 24-25, drinking and eating crab cakes, us going to LYH, ORF and EWN the next day. You'd have though we'd just sh!t golden eggs.

But it couldn't last.

The Mesa deal in 93 really was only the first blow.
When Mesa got the first USAir RJs in 96, that really drove the stake in.

It's a place lost in time. One day, some manager at USAir is going wake up and go "WTF?" and sell the place off or break it up. Too bad, really...it's the last of the breed (Britt, Ransome, Rocky Mountan, PBA, etc...)

Good luck fellas...I laugh when they say that "flow through/jets are right around the corner!". They told us that back in 93.

Nu

Really cheesy "wood" paneling never went away. Timeless, classic decor like that will never go out of style.

I read in the recent issue of Air Transport World that Piedmont's fleet is going to be revamped. Something about how first they were focused on the Airbus order for mainline, and now they are going to focus on Piedmont. If I can get the exact quote tomorrow, I will post it.

A lot of people think that the latest info is that turboprops are going away, but the latest LATEST info is that turboprops are more economical on certain routes.

Well, folks that weren't caught up in the love affair with cute little jets knew that all along. Sucking down a disproportionate amount of fuel for the amount of payload is not smart with these fuel prices. Neither was U group snubbing their nose at Bombardier's offer of 400s for 100 lease rates years ago just to keep the dash 8 plant open. PDT could be sitting on a huge fleet of 400s, but U decided little jets were the future of the airline. Good old Gangwahl, Wolf, and Siegel, I hope they're living well. Now they decide they do want 400s, but the order list is long and distinguished. They could have owned that order list to this day, but you just can't fix stupid.

Last edited:
Why do we need new airplanes??? The new paint jobs will preserve these bastards another decade or so...

Oooooooo. Maybe the painting program is so we can unload them on the ever expanding Colgan boys and then take Island Air's -400's, keep their paint job, and start up the florida/carib flying again.
Oh wait, we have all these dudes with retirement plans they would like to see disappear, we're screwed!!!!!

Latest resources

Back