• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont and Allegheny

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, both are still hiring. There's some fairly recent interview gouges on aviationinterviews.com

I spoke with a guy I know at Piedmont the other day, and it looks like they've stopped for the time being and that they could be slowing down training.

I'd still send in that resume and keep it updated.

ALG AND PDT INFO

Pdt is a little delayed in getting the 300's so this backs us up on the getting of thier 100's. Alg was supposed to be at 55 or 56 by now or May and are at 52. Once pdt gets the goods alg will get the additional a/c and classes will resume.
Alg has 475 total pilots as of the may bid (277 capts.).

Another thing is that the lines are witten for 55 a/c so people are out flying where we don't have a/c.

But none of this matters b/c alg, pdt, and psa will be shut down soon so contract carriers can have our routes. Wholly owned carriers are short for this world.

Flyin@500agl,

Since our careers are, for now, tied to ALG, what is your guess on the timing of our demise? I've heard some of the scuttlebutt; just curious on your take. I think you're probably right, I'm just not sure how long it will take, or whether we might be sold as an entity to, say, ACA, and operated intact as a contract carrier, or busted up so our routes can be simply absorbed by the expansion of CHQ, TSA, Mesa, etc.

Aviation...gotta love it!

I guess I am just curious. I know you say the WO are doomed, but why would ALG still be adding aircraft if the days were numbered? Same thing with PDT. Does that make business sense? It takes money to add aircraft and pilots and such, y do that if you are only going to go out of business????

I guess the sense that our days could be numbered comes from several factors: it seems that any RJs (sorry, SJs!) that come to US Airways will be easier to implement at the contract carriers than at the WOs. Wolf has stated that U's financial position prevents it from paying for the jets, and our equipment is all paid for by them (my understanding). There are also long-standing labor issues between the two pilot groups that could be hard to overcome. Management at the contract carriers at least seems to have the freedom to make their own decisions and negotiate their own financing, rather than having to beg Crystal City for every nickel.
I'm not necessarily thinking ALG, PDT, and PSA will be dissolved; just possibly sold. Our current expansion could become part of another entity that is now contracted back to provide the same service we do now. The only issue there is, do we have to reapply for our current jobs, flush our seniority, move to another location and start at the bottom of someone else's seniority list at half our current pay? I'm no industry expert, just an employee contemplating the possibilities and trying to read the wind direction....

Rumors

I think everyone should just take a deep breath and relax. At least until the new Siegal business plan is released it is anyones guess. I have a feeling its not going to be as bad as what people here are saying. I know several high end union and mang types in PDT and none have heard anything official for at least three weeks. Everything, including SJ/RJ (whatever) nego. are at a stand still till mid April minimum.

Dashdriver,

Good point. I'm not as paranoid as my post might seem; just speculating a little, and attempting to plan for the future support of my family. The industry trend does seem at the moment to be against ownership of regionals, but Seigal may have some different ideas on the matter. Time will tell.

Latest resources

Back