• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cargo69 said:
where are their bases?

ORF, CLT, JAX... wait. OOPS!

As of this post, you have LGA, MDT, EWN, ROA, CHO, SBY, and SYR to choose from.

Word of advice: Do NOT commute if you jump into the airline biz.

I was just told by PSA's director of ops that if PSA rejects the CRJ-900s then US Airways management will offer Dash 8 Q400s to Piedmont. I'm not lying to start a rumor thread, but our DO very well could have been lying.

LoveGun said:
US Airways management will offer Dash 8 Q400s to Piedmont. I'm not lying to start a rumor thread, but our DO very well could have been lying.

That's about retarded. Lying? Were his lips moving? I'd buy that if we were offered the 400s first, then they'd dangle the OR ELSE carrot to get us to shart.

I mean, why WOULD you want a 70 seat, 360 knot fuel efficient machine when you can fly all the 50 seat RJs on the short routes?

Flame. Bait. Not from you, but your punkarse DO. Whipsaw the WOs! It worked in the past.

....and if we aren't flying something new in the next year, you can kiss your job goodbye no later than 2010. A long time away? Most of us FOs still won't be able to hold the upgrade. That is if our management gets off their duffs and realizes we need some new captains.

OPECJet said:
....and if we aren't flying something new in the next year, you can kiss your job goodbye no later than 2010.

Werd.

BUT-- we can't die. We are cockaroaches, mang. I'm just repeating it now until I find my woobie and start sucking my thumb.

If I can just remember which one I sit on...

HAPPY 4TH! Severe weather moving through here right now, hope y'all are safe.

dhc8fo said:
Ditto all of that....LOVE that plane.

Same here ...flew it for 10 years/8762 hrs. I'd go back in a heartbeat,if I could.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Sig said:
What is it about the Dash? Lots of things- roomy as heck up front, the freedom to just actually fly something instead of interfacing with it through a box... when you have a controller that knows what we can do and clears you for a short approach and you're abeam the numbers at 4,000 feet- THAT is fun! Lots of folks come up and say hi, and tell us how much we'll miss flying it down the road. You've reallllly shown your arse if you get three really good landings in a day. Wet runways, floating and/or in a 300 doesn't count... :)

That nicely sums up what I miss most about flying the Dash 8, although we did short approaches into DCA from a 6000 ft downwind when they were landing to the south! That was fun and really allowed you to use the airplanes capabilities to it's fullest. And you're spot on when you say you are "actually flying something instead of interfacing through a box" Having been fortunate enough to have done both, flying beats "interfacing" any day. As crazy as this may sound, especially for those of you who are looking to move on , there are many days I wish I never left that job.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
Sig said:
What is it about the Dash? Lots of things- roomy as heck up front, the freedom to just actually fly something instead of interfacing with it through a box... when you have a controller that knows what we can do and clears you for a short approach and you're abeam the numbers at 4,000 feet- THAT is fun! Lots of folks come up and say hi, and tell us how much we'll miss flying it down the road. You've reallllly shown your arse if you get three really good landings in a day. Wet runways, floating and/or in a 300 doesn't count... :)

Yeah, all that is fun. Flight Idle, Props Forward, Gear Down, Flaps 35. . . DOWN WE GO! I had two pretty good ones today.

LoveGun said:
I was just told by PSA's director of ops that if PSA rejects the CRJ-900s then US Airways management will offer Dash 8 Q400s to Piedmont. I'm not lying to start a rumor thread, but our DO very well could have been lying.

Why would PSA reject -900s? Just curious if there is any reason they would.

Latest resources

Back