Piedmont Airlines Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilot754

Hello: I submitted my materials this past Sunday. Today is Wednesday and I got a call from PDT with an invite for an interview. I'll fly out on Monday April 2 and interview on 3rd. My logbook stats are: 1411TT and 126 MEL and 1 Turbine, I do have BA and my ATP-Written. Anyone know about there interview please speak! Also have they started a sim as well?

Thanks,
[email protected]

Unless you live, or want to live, in a base that PDT has, stay away from them! The schedules and bases are VERY unfriendly for commuters. You will have 2 day breaks all month and only get to spend 24 hours at home at a time. With that kind of time you should be able to get a job at plenty of other regionals.

My answer

I have been at way too many 121 interviews already. It is over 10 of them and no offers. All this starting back in June of 2006! Although I got one from Mesa I turned them down and not gotten others. Am willing to give PDT a try and then the following week I am going to MSP for MESABA interview. Am a twenty-four year old trying to move up and out of instructing. Since JAN 07 been to ASA, COMAIR, CAPE AIR, Republic, Skywest and Skyway this past week :(. Not to mention my attempt for Regions Air and almost had it then had to cancel cause of weather and never was rescheduled.

[email protected]
Thanks

There will be a written exam, an HR portion, and a ride in the Full Motion dash sim. I know no other details about the process these days, you'd have to find someone who's done it recently, but that's the general idea.

Unlike some of the other responses on this thread, I say go for it. Get a year under your belt in the Dash and move on. you'll get ALOT of weather and IMC. Also some high density airport experience. Won't look bad on a resume either. the people are mostly cool and alot of really senior captains. Just don't go there thinking it's a career job, but the pay is liveable.

There is a 50 question written. Fairly generic ATP type(but not actual Gleim questions) questions with a few oddballs thrown in. Read the entire AIM!! Read the company website for bases and company officers. They will fail you. I hear 80%.

Sim is very straightforward. Just follow the frigging flight director. That's it.

HR is very straightforward. Wait 5 mins and get an offer. Go home and fill out the AQP take home tests.

Look forward to a short reserve time and and "decent" work rules/pay(first year at least).

Commuting sounds ridiculous....

Mainline says it will decide something on Piedmont's future SOON! ;-P

I miss anything?

Sim is very straightforward. Just follow the frigging flight director. That's it.

Sim is a dual cue flight director. If you have not flown one before get some experience with a flight sim. If you are used to a single cue it will throw you for a bit.

Go to www.willflyforfood.cc and you will find expamples of 95% of the questions on the written. Good luck. Go there for 6 mos and get some 121 time and those jet regionals will only need to take your pulse to hire you.

So many interviews

and only one offer?
youre willing to work for Pitmont but you didnt take Mesa? why?
you should try to figure if there is something wrong that you keep doing or saying in your interviews.
you can find A-holes here and there conducting the interviews (like any other job) but still, 10 airlines and only 1 job offer?
try to get some professional help, interview prep or so.
it might do you good.

Latest resources

Back