• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bunnyfufu said:
where i got my float rating flying PA-18's

http://home.comcast.net/~jakens/akpics/index.html
You take those moose and bear pics?!?! carefull man, those things will get you hurt!!

Seriously, these are nice! I'm just a hack, but it sure looks like you have an eye for creating a good composition with those landscapes, etc. didn't think that Nikon will zoom in too much. How'd you get those animal pics? Walk up to them?!

Last edited:
the bear and moose were in Big Game Alasaka, which is basically a big zoo except i think they only have injured animals there. both pictures were taken through fences, and the fence for the bear was an electric fence. the camera only has a 3x optical zoom

I am very traditional when it comes to photography having spent years trying to perfect my technique with a 35mm Nikon FG. Last year I broke down and bought a Fuji Finepix 3.2 and have been very impressed with it. It makes me look like a genius. Out of 100 photos on the 35mm, I was getting 3-5% frameable. With the digital, I'm averaging 40-50%, not including the ones I delete.

Those sure were some great pictures, and you just added me to a future Alaskan trip with the family ( or hiking with some friends),

I have one question though, how easy/hard is is to rent a seaplane somewhere once you have your rating? I've heard that it is pretty hard unless you have an X amount of time on floats or amfibs. I would like to get my seaplane rating now that I saw this. But is is a little feasible to expect to walk up to anyplace and be able to rent a plane for a few days with a modest check out off course

M

HAHA thats great!

I was at BIG GAME a few days ago. With a good zoom and a carefully chosen background folks back home will think you were 15ft from a "real" bear in the wild!!

Its a good cause too, well worth the couple of bucks to get in!

those moose love to pose for you also.

Bunnyfufu, those are some great pictures.

Are you that good a photographer, or is it the camera that should get the credit? I'm looking to replace my Olympus and after seeing your pictures, I'll definitely be looking at the Nikon.

Best of luck with the new rating.

well, i should at least get credit for subject choice, composition, and touching up in photoshop, but it does seem like a nice camera. i can send you some unedited pictures if you want

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back