• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Picking Up ASA Open Time.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's A$$holes like you that ruin it for everyone else. This was abuse of sick leave pure and simple. Someone had to fly your trips because you didn't want to work Christmas, or your last 5 weeks. For those of you who think ASA is so bad, here is a pilot who called in sick for Christmas week, 2 years in a row, and for his last 5 weeks. He wasn't fired - I guess ASA isn't that bad after all.

You are really stu...uh...not getting it! Or you might be management.

It's A$$holes like you that ruin it for everyone else. This was abuse of sick leave pure and simple. Someone had to fly your trips because you didn't want to work Christmas, or your last 5 weeks. For those of you who think ASA is so bad, here is a pilot who called in sick for Christmas week, 2 years in a row, and for his last 5 weeks. He wasn't fired - I guess ASA isn't that bad after all.

Listen brother, I had had enough at that point. The sodomy on the E-120, spending several years on reserve, getting Fuked by scheduling REGULARLY.....you think I'm an a$$hole.....on a good day I was an a$$hole...on a bad day I was the godda.med ANTICHRIST.

You don't like it...blow it out your a$$.

Incidentally, when I finally left ASA (after weeks of sick leave) I was actually very sick.

Leaving ASA was the healthiest thing I have ever done.

That happens even when there are adequate reserves. And yes, it sucks. But at least no furloughs because they hired too many. Nice dodge at the main point though.
Not dodging the main point just stating the facts...YES they are junior manning. Are you retarted? Can you read and understand your own posts?

Not dodging the main point just stating the facts...YES they are junior manning. Are you retarted? Can you read and understand your own posts?

At the very least, I can spell retarded. How many guys would be juniored right now if ASA wasn't paying 150% to pick up open time. Answer: Many more then there are now.

PS: Before you start calling people names regarding their intelligence level, you should really get your own stuff in order. It takes away much of the weight of the insult when you call some retarded and then lack the ability to spell it correctly.

How is it a mistake to keep the airline staffed so as not to have to furlough?

The mistakes that I speak of was not to begin running classes sooner to keep pace with attrition not to speak of the possibility of growth. You also bring up another good reason to pick up open time which is to maintain some control over your life and avoid the dreaded Junior man.
:cool:

Maybe the people that pick up the open time will then get wise and call in sick for the trip they picked up. Time and half for sitting at home.....

Maybe the people that pick up the open time will then get wise and call in sick for the trip they picked up. Time and half for sitting at home.....

I wouldn't think that would be a good thing to waste sick time on. Let say you picked up a 7:59 dayline. You are going to waste say 12 hours of sick time for that day line. I'd rather use those 12 hours for a 3 day instead of a dayline.

At the very least, I can spell retarded. How many guys would be juniored right now if ASA wasn't paying 150% to pick up open time. Answer: Many more then there are now.

PS: Before you start calling people names regarding their intelligence level, you should really get your own stuff in order. It takes away much of the weight of the insult when you call some retarded and then lack the ability to spell it correctly.
Be quiet "retart", go grade some english papers and then go beat off to the dictionary!

There are many other ways of "sticking it" to the company other than not picking up Open Time. The next CA that tells me not to pickup any open time, i'm just gonna ask him to write me a personal check out of his own account. Absolutely ridiculus! I assume most of you chest thumpers don't have families or debt that needs to be paid off. I set at my desk and see bills that need to be paid etc, then look at open time and see a trip that will pay me a few hundred dollars for doing nothing more than keeping my mouth shut and doing my job. I have a family that I am responsible for and if I can get us out of debt quicker, then that's where my loyalty lies. I'm all for striking, kicking management to the curb etc, but it's noone's place to tell me whether or not to make money to support my family. Like I said, there are many other ways to show your displeasure with ASA. I know all the usual supsects are going to chime in now and call me all kinds of names. That's fine, just PM me and I'll give you my address and you can just mail me a personal check. I take cash also.

Yours and Bobby's attitudes are different. Why is it only when the company is in dire straights(wether they caused it or not) that they pay time and a half for helping yourself and the company by picking up open time? IMO it should be that way all the time. Like our sister company has......Dontcha think?

Latest resources

Back