• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Picking Up ASA Open Time.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bob, you better go back to sleep because this is NOWHERE in our working agreement. Do you see 1 1/2 ANYWHERE in our contract...oh yeah, let me see, IF THEY RESCHEDULE ME OUTSIDE MY FOOTPRINT OF THE ORIGINAL TRIP!! Not quite the same there FRANCIS! No Wonder you are STILL HERE!:rolleyes:

NO WAY I'M GOING TO HELP THEM WITH THEIR SCREWUP.....O MANY!!

Tomct, have you ever read LOA 17, paragraph A? Here it is:
http://www.asacontract.com/pa/contract/loa17.html

Looks to me like it is in our contract. What say you?
Maybe you should check your facts before you spout off?

The glass is either half empty or half full. Many of you see picking up open time as helping the company fix its mistakes. I, like many others, see it as helping myself to premium pay. I am more than happy to fly the contract for 150% pay. If you don't want or need the extra cash then don't pick anything up. Just don't preach to me if I do...

Fly Safe...

How is it a mistake to keep the airline staffed so as not to have to furlough?

You guys whine and cry about this but it's life. Would you rather they have hired a boat load of guys and then furlough them all when the planes expected didn't materialize? Or would you rather suck it up for a couple of months and not have to furlough anybody?

At very least the company isn't having to junior man. But that would just give you whiners one more thing to cry about, huh? How about this, do your dang jobs until the union says walk, then take a walk. I will gladly get out the walking shoes when the time comes but until then, wipe your whoochy and deal with it.

Most of the people leaving now are going to the majors. The regionals will always have a high turnover when hiring picks. When there is a high turnover, we will be short. When we are short, we pick up open time at 150%. If you don't like it, then leave with the rest that are leaving now.

How is it a mistake to keep the airline staffed so as not to have to furlough?

You guys whine and cry about this but it's life. Would you rather they have hired a boat load of guys and then furlough them all when the planes expected didn't materialize? Or would you rather suck it up for a couple of months and not have to furlough anybody?

At very least the company isn't having to junior man. But that would just give you whiners one more thing to cry about, huh? How about this, do your dang jobs until the union says walk, then take a walk. I will gladly get out the walking shoes when the time comes but until then, wipe your whoochy and deal with it.
Ummm...yes they are junior manning, and drafting. Kind of sucks when you finish a four day trip and they realize your still good for another 4 hours!!!

Most of the people leaving now are going to the majors. The regionals will always have a high turnover when hiring picks. When there is a high turnover, we will be short. When we are short, we pick up open time at 150%. If you don't like it, then leave with the rest that are leaving now.
I just want to say congratulations on that 737 type you've got ASADriver. Congratulations! I can see it's helping you keep things in perspective. Just out of curiousity, do you ever miss pitching, or is catching more your speed?

-Blucher

Ummm...yes they are junior manning, and drafting. Kind of sucks when you finish a four day trip and they realize your still good for another 4 hours!!!

That happens even when there are adequate reserves. And yes, it sucks. But at least no furloughs because they hired too many. Nice dodge at the main point though.

They will give you an occurrence and a trip failure if it within two hours. Even if your "bender" is from taking flu medicine.

Fins you are right, but occurences don't mean jack $hit (unless you are on probation) This is only a veiled threat by the company, a threat they can't back up. Let them discipline you for not coming in when you were sick, fatigued, or otherwise unfit for duty.

I called off sick for Christmas week two years in a row, when I finally left I called off sick for five weeks straight. The only thing that caused a CP to call me was when the stupid ******* in scheduling forgot to mark me off.

The CP called me and politely asked me what was up. I walked in and turned in my resignation, and haven't looked back.

OCCURENCES DON'T MEAN JACK $HIT.

Fins you are right, but occurences don't mean jack $hit (unless you are on probation) This is only a veiled threat by the company, a threat they can't back up. Let them discipline you for not coming in when you were sick, fatigued, or otherwise unfit for duty.

I called off sick for Christmas week two years in a row, when I finally left I called off sick for five weeks straight. The only thing that caused a CP to call me was when the stupid ******* in scheduling forgot to mark me off.

The CP called me and politely asked me what was up. I walked in and turned in my resignation, and haven't looked back.

OCCURENCES DON'T MEAN JACK $HIT.

It's A$$holes like you that ruin it for everyone else. This was abuse of sick leave pure and simple. Someone had to fly your trips because you didn't want to work Christmas, or your last 5 weeks. For those of you who think ASA is so bad, here is a pilot who called in sick for Christmas week, 2 years in a row, and for his last 5 weeks. He wasn't fired - I guess ASA isn't that bad after all.

It's A$$holes like you that ruin it for everyone else. This was abuse of sick leave pure and simple. Someone had to fly your trips because you didn't want to work Christmas, or your last 5 weeks. For those of you who think ASA is so bad, here is a pilot who called in sick for Christmas week, 2 years in a row, and for his last 5 weeks. He wasn't fired - I guess ASA isn't that bad after all.
Just when I thought you couldn't possibly say anything dumber than what you said before....
ASADriver, you've really got to pick a side and stick with it. One minute you're all for the 'every man for himself' B.S., the next you're pissed because someone wasn't being a 'team player.' WTFO? You sound eerily like C.V. Both stupid and gargling protein drink, quite the combo!

-Blucher

Latest resources

Back