Pick the fleet...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G100driver said:
Nice to see you touting the company line ;) :)

Yep, Gulfstream knows how to build 'em. I really like how they made boots silver!

Oooooohhhh Shiny!!!!!!!!:cool:

Easy choice - take the 50EX and run. Nice flight deck, great versatility.

Doesn't the G150 have serious runway restrictions in hot/high conditions? Let us know what you choose.

Why not a pair of late model 50s? Then you'd have fleet commonality, both airplanes could handle your mission (ABQ in the summer in the Falcon 10 is pretty scary, as I recall), and the total cost would be the same or less than some of the other choices you've mentioned.

Or an older 50 and a 900B, if you think you might need the extra room. Still common type ratings.

Unless your making a living flying over water, I'm not sure I see the reasoning behind a 50EX over a 2000. Nearly the same to buy, less M&O Cost, not AS good, but good hot and high numbers, twice the cabin, nearly the same fuel burn as the 10.

BUT, I post this as a question more than an observation!

Thanks for all the replies. :)

The two main reasons for the aircraft chosen is 1) the budget, and 2) company perception. The company flies a lot of customers around and they don't want to get an airplane that is "too big", thinking that the customers will see their investments as going towards "big, luxurious airplanes" for the big wigs. Of course we do have a few customers who have nicer airplanes than us, so go figure. Not to mention, they want to do this, and try to lower costs (the reason for option "A"). The company does a lot of less than 1000nm flights, so option A is there for that reason. Take the small & efficient jet on the shorter legs and the big & efficient jet on long, hot/high legs.

How does the Citation X do high/hot?

Falcon 50- nuff said. EX or not you will be able to achieve all you mission requirements. PM me if you need more info.

JDE said:
Thanks for all the replies. :)

The two main reasons for the aircraft chosen is 1) the budget, and 2) company perception. The company flies a lot of customers around and they don't want to get an airplane that is "too big", thinking that the customers will see their investments as going towards "big, luxurious airplanes" for the big wigs. Of course we do have a few customers who have nicer airplanes than us, so go figure. Not to mention, they want to do this, and try to lower costs (the reason for option "A"). The company does a lot of less than 1000nm flights, so option A is there for that reason. Take the small & efficient jet on the shorter legs and the big & efficient jet on long, hot/high legs.

How does the Citation X do high/hot?

ah yeah.... the ole' "we dont buy a big airplane because of perception" thing...."owners rich, dosen't want to FLAUNT it"

so lets buy a used mx hog 20yr old one instead.

heard this before...smells like....

BULL$HIT!

;)

G100driver said:
Have not started flying the new airplane yet, eh? :D
The 50 would be a "no brainer" except for the budget thing. All in all, the "Hebrew Hotrod" is a pretty tough combination to beat. Oh by the way, I'm sitting in my Hotel room at DFW - 50 school starts tomorrow.

'Sled

Lead Sled said:
The 50 would be a "no brainer" except for the budget thing. All in all, the "Hebrew Hotrod" is a pretty tough combination to beat. Oh by the way, I'm sitting in my Hotel room at DFW - 50 school starts tomorrow.

'Sled

I'm in my hotel room at DFW...but not for 50 school, too bad.

Latest resources

Back