PIC Turbine or SIC Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's it to you?!

Just kidding, I've yet to speak with the CP with the Beechjet, but I'm going to stay with the KA. I want to get my PIC time up before I move back to the right side. I appreciate everyone's help, and hopefully I'll look back on this as a good decision in my aviation career. I'll just drink beer that's 10% cheaper.

Revisited.

If given a chance to go from 135 PIC BE20 to (so-so) 91 SIC jet, would it make one a better canidate for a (sweet) 91 jet job? I'm at about 460 PIC turbine, now, with about 300 hrs/year in the KA.

I think flying 135/91 gives you the opportunity to do just about anything. I don't think 91 SIC gets you anywhere, period. One of my buds is a Falcon SIC and he is stuck in place for 91 jobs. They won't hire him without some PIC time or a type. He is one of the classiest people I know, too.

I think SIC on a very large airplane wouldn't hurt, but KA PIC vs MitsyBeechi SIC... Ehhhh just doesn't seem worth the tradeoff.

Get 1000 to 1500 PIC turbine before you go anywhere. It looks good on your resume'. I think 3000-4000 Total is also a magic number for some reason. Sit tight a bit longer. You're almost there.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back