PIC Time for upgrade

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jamis81

I'm sure I'm missing something here, but how are the regionals going to be able to upgrade all the people coming out of the pilot schools in FL and elsewhere without the 250hr PIC requirement?
Can the SIC be substituted in for the PIC??

example, if someone has 250 hours when hired, builds time to at least 1500, then they have have at least 1250 hours of SIC time in a turbine aircraft of some sort....

anyone have any thoughts..

Yeah, you can use some of your SIC time. You just have a limitation on your ATP that says you do not hold the PIC requirments of ICAO.

Eagle sent out a message about this recently. If you dont have the 250 PIC time they are not allowing you to upgrade. Our FAA POI is sticking to this rule it seems.

Eagle sent out a message about this recently. If you dont have the 250 PIC time they are not allowing you to upgrade. Our FAA POI is sticking to this rule it seems.

So some are gonna have to go rent a 172 or something when it becomes time to upgrade if they dont have the 250?? Seems like a complete waste o' money for something that is unnecessary.

So some are gonna have to go rent a 172 or something when it becomes time to upgrade if they dont have the 250?? Seems like a complete waste o' money for something that is unnecessary.

The FAA has determined that it is necessary, apparently.

If I were in that situation I'd audit my logbook to make sure I've credited every possible PIC hour, then go to the local FBO/flgiht school and offer to safety pilot or give ride-along instruction (if you are a CFI) to local pilots who want an extra set of eyes. If you start early you will have the 250 when upgrade time comes. Bypassing upgrade because you don't have PIC time is an enormous waste of money.

Latest resources

Back