Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

1900dr

1900dr
So I've been with my charter company for a number of years now but can't upgrade to captain because of the Argus/Wyvern minimus. Now I spent 2 years in the airline and I know that I would have already been a captain there. Thinking of going back there but of course it has a lot of cons to that. One been initial pay. Looking for some advise. Rumors of possible upgrade but nothing concrete.

How much
PIC do you need for Argus? Do you not fly left seat on empty legs? Most companies will do that if they want you to upgrade.

My company did, anyway. It wasn't a problem.

How much
PIC do you need for Argus? Do you not fly left seat on empty legs? Most companies will do that if they want you to upgrade.

My company did, anyway. It wasn't a problem.
Same here. I would think really hard about going back to a regional, as bad as charter can be sometimes I don't think it out weighs pros of regional flying.

90% of the time, charter is way better than regional FO. At least you can make a damn living.

So I've been with my charter company for a number of years now but can't upgrade to captain because of the Argus/Wyvern minimus. Now I spent 2 years in the airline and I know that I would have already been a captain there. Thinking of going back there but of course it has a lot of cons to that. One been initial pay. Looking for some advise. Rumors of possible upgrade but nothing concrete.

If you are rated in the plane and are the PF, that's PIC time as far as ARgus is concerned. They don't care if you were THE pic, as in signing or the aircraft. I think they just require 250 pic in type?

Then it must be the company and how they consider PIC for captain purposes. I am typed and current on to airplanes in the company. Thinking of airline but it would have to be the majors or national/LLC.

Why are you talkin' to us?

Go talk to your boss and figure something out.

If he bull********************s you, take your $30,000 type rating and find another job.

Why are you talkin' to us?

Go talk to your boss and figure something out.

If he bull********************s you, take your $30,000 type rating and find another job.

Ha Ha Ha Ha. You would make a great "Life Coach". Like a good paying pilot job is easy to find right now.

CapnVegetto. I'm not trying to go back to the regionals. I'm just stating that in order to start over with an airline it would have to be a Major/National/LCC. I've interviewed for corporate jobs (didn't get the job of course because they chose someone more qualified) recently that don't have those high PIC requirements.

Latest resources

Back