• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PIC in a C-421

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes. If you have a little card from the Air Force proving you went through their FAA sponsored camber course that should work too.

It's pressurized, and I believe it's ceiling is somewhere in the 27K range, in which case you need the high alt.

flyboyzz1 said:
can you get a high alt in a flight sim? Anyone know in what section this is in the regs? Thanks

I can't think of it off the top of my head, but try the FAR/AIM index.

Airway said:
It's pressurized, and I believe it's ceiling is somewhere in the 27K range, in which case you need the high alt.

I went through the FAA physiological traning program at Andrews AFB and was givin a card. That counts, right?

Sticky said:
I went through the FAA physiological traning program at Andrews AFB and was givin a card. That counts, right?
That can satisfy the ground portion, but you still have to have inflight (or sim) training to include an emergency descent, you still have to actually get the signoff from a CFI who has it as well.

Ok it is 61.31 (pg 51), and Sticky, If that's what they said in the program than you may be ok, but the Regs say you can if you have completed an official "pilot in command check conducted by the militaryservices of the United States" then you should be ok. Not sure though if that is what you did. If you're worried, I'd ask the FSDO. Some of these regs are ambiguous.

Also, according to 61.31 (g)(2), you can use a Sim. Just check out what it says in the book.

Last edited:
Airway said:
OK it is 61.31 (pg 51), and Sticky, If that's what they said in the program than you may be ok, but the Regs say you can if you have completed an official "pilot in command check conducted by the militaryservices of the United States" then you should be ok. Not sure though if that is what you did. If you're worried, I'd ask the FSDO. Some of these regs are ambiguous.

Also, according to 61.31 (g)(2), you can use a Sim. Just check out what it says in the book.

Yeah, because we actually did an emrg. descend in the camber. I was under the impression that it covered everything. There were guys in the class who needed the training to to fly jets.

My card states "This is to certify that the following person has met the requirements for the Physiological Traning Program as proscribed by the FAA"

Last edited:
Don't know what the Service Ceiling or the Maximun Operating Altitude is, but, if it is above 25,000 ft., yes.

Latest resources

Back