• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piaggio Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Diesel, sounds like you're prepping for an interview. Have you had some tough tours recently from Ft Fumble.

NetJets lose will be Avantair gain.

Best of luck my friend in your future endeavors. We will all miss you over here.

Try a library for back issues of Flying Magazine. Granted they have never reviewed an airplane that they didn't like, but they did do a very thorough review of the piaggio a year or two ago and just a couple months ago did the piaggio II.

DO-82 driver said:
Diesel, sounds like you're prepping for an interview. Have you had some tough tours recently from Ft Fumble.

NetJets lose will be Avantair gain.

Best of luck my friend in your future endeavors. We will all miss you over here.

My guess would be that Diesel is looking at possibly acquiring one of these airplanes with a group of people or he is researching this for someone who is looking at a Piaggio.

Diesel said:
glass thanks for the answer.

I hear the plane is tough to handle when it comes to crosswinds. If you're landeding on a contaminated runway would you do it with a crosswind? oh and the runway is about 3200ft. (lets say the numbers work for it)

I hear it a mx nightmare. Is that only the later numbers or are the newer ones mx problems too? Is there an external cargo area?

Sorry but the website really doesn't have much info.

ps how are the leading edges protected from ice?

The plane is not too bad in a crosswind. As for landing on a contaminated runway in a crosswind, how strong is the wind, and what's it contaminted with? If you're talking about doing it on a 3200' runway, I'd go somewhere else.

It is a mx nightmare. There are very few spare parts, and those that exist, are hard to get. As far as older vs. newer, they are about the same. The newer ones have some problems the olders ones don't, but then the older ones have some problems the newer ones don't.

The cargo compartment is in the tail. There is no access to it from the cabin.

The wings use bleed air for deicing.

Good luck.

glasspilot said:
#3 A good rule of thumb is the 8/6/4 rule. 800lbs for the first hour, 600 for every middle hour, and 400 for the last hour. ie; 3 1/2 hour flight equals 1200 lbs for the first and last leaving 900 lbs for the middle 1 1/2 hours for a total burn of 3100 lbs for the flight.
Umm, I was no math major, but where I went to elementary school, 1200 + 900 = 2100.

Do-82 I'm not leaving. I wouldn't give you the satisfaction. :) No tough tours here company has been good about giving me the time I need.

You know how it is the question came up at morning breakfast meeting and got me thinking.

Noodles-

Typical winter scenerio. Braking action poor to nil due to snow. 3200 ft. Just wondering how strong the reversers are and if they blank out the tail. We used to do this same scenero with a King Air 200 and still do with a 90 and were able to get off the runway at the halfway mark.

Also what are the approach speeds? Say light weight landing.

Ultra Grump said:
Umm, I was no math major, but where I went to elementary school, 1200 + 900 = 2100.

You're more of a math major than me. I was alway stronger with blocks and finger painting in elem school. Anyway, yes. 2100 would be the correct figure.

Diesel said:
Also what are the approach speeds? Say light weight landing.

Diesel,

Most operators use 120 KIAS for their approach speed with full flaps, although some use 116 KIAS. Vmca with the Autofeather operative is 100 KIAS, with the Autofeather inop it goes to 126 KIAS. At normal cruise speeds in the mid to upper 30's (FL's) you could fugure an average of about 650 pph fuel burn and be pretty much on target, and that is at approx 360 KTAS. Hope that helps.

Diesel said:
Typical winter scenerio. Braking action poor to nil due to snow. 3200 ft.

Personally, no I would not land under those conditions on that runway length.

Back to your original question. I found some of the takeoff data sheets that I have. However, they are based on the MTOW of 11550. I have not gotten into the charts for the new weights. Here's what you were looking for:

Sea level, 30 C Grd Roll Acc/Stop Acc/go-35' Acc/go-50'
2250 4550 4600 5600

Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back