Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piaggio Jet Coming - Maybe Avantair Will Add Jets To Lineup???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

Who knows - maybe Avantair will add this to its lineup. I know Avantair already operates a G100 as a backup airplane. I'll bet that Piaggio works a deal with Avantair as a launch customer if/when this aircraft is produced several years from now... Regardless of how it is designed, you know it will look sexy on the ramp.

Piaggio’s Jet Well Beyond Initial Concept Stage
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It’s no secret that Piaggio Aero has been working on developing a jet, and this work has accelerated with the support of shareholders Tata and Mubadala. According to John Bingham, president and CEO of Piaggio America and chief marketing officer for Piaggio Aero, development of the P1XX jet is ongoing and the recession has allowed Piaggio Aero to hire some new talent to help bring the program to fruition. He emphasized that the P1XX is not an Avanti with jet engines, as has been speculated in news reports. And the P1XX, like the Avanti, will be unique in terms of design and performance. “If you thought the P180 Avanti was good,” he said, “wait till you see the next one.” A dedicated team is working on the P1XX program, and the jet design is well beyond the preliminary concept stage. Piaggio Aero has not yet decided when to launch the P1XX. The company plans to meet with focus groups of potential customers to refine the design. Piaggio Aero says it is pursuing a clear market category with the P1XX, but the company is trying to provide an alternative to existing jets, not fill a new niche, Bingham told AIN.

[/FONT]

Here's a link to an artist conception of the Piaggio Jet. It's a bit old (year or two) so it's probably quite different now.

Piaggio Jet Link

gp

Last edited:
Here's a link to an artist conception of the Piaggio Jet. It's a bit old (year or two) so it's probably quite different now.

Piaggio Jet Link

gp

Wow - looks nice. Very Italian stylish... Not sure that Avantair will ever want to leave its successful, growing niche at the low-priced end of the fractional market, but I am sure they will get first dibs on ordering that jet if they want it...

Just a modernized verison of this. ;)

It has always amazed me that any manufacture would put a windshield on an aircraft that has the same aerodynamics as a windshield installed on a pick up truck. (the new dodge ram excluded)
I am no engineer, but i did stay at the holiday in express last night.

I spent a few weeks at the Piaggio factory in Genoa last summer. The general consensus, at least among the test pilots, is that they don't want a Piaggio Jet. They'd rather see an Avanti III with anti-skid, FADEC and perhaps a small APU in place of the clunky air conditioner in the back.

I don't know how many of you have been to the factory, but my grandpas garage is bigger than that place. They'd have to purchase an entire new facility to build the jets. Land ain't cheap in Italy...

Like I said, Id rather them concentrate on an improved Avanti and see them keep up with the current deliveries...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back