PHL Based AWAC Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LearLove said:
-the time the rampies got in a fight and one of them shoved the other into one of the vending machines in the center section of the trailer busting the front glass/plexiglass. They all ran away for about 10 seconds until they realized the fully stocked machine was exposed then proceded to clean it out in the next 10 seconds. The only thing left was rack that had pretzels on it.
Oh, yes I remember that one. Priceless...not looting, they call it surviving nowadays.
Delayed for over 2 hours one Christmas Eve, due to the rampers having a throw down. Airport Police confiscated their badges, so we watched Supervisors and Station Managers in their suits slinging bags in the snow!

Don't forget:

Drug deals in the fuel farm -- fuel drivers handing each other small envelopes as they pass on the ramp...

Buses spinning 360 degrees on the slick pavement, while being overtaken at 75mph by a luggage cart...

The "Mesa Couches?" The place was organized like an elementary school cafeteria: my ALG tables, your PDT bench, .....

I miss the old PHL trailer too. I think Learlove hit all the highlights. One positive note for the airplane watchers like myself, there were a few parking spots on the old trailer ramp (can't remember the numbers though) right by the intersection of Echo and Kilo that were very nice for watching everybody land on 27R and 35. It actually was kinda nice sitting there, reading a paper and drinking coffee between flights, watching a plane land right there every few seconds.

The F terminal was beautiful when it first opened. Despite the fact that is was the same lousy help running the place, it was a nice facility. It's such a shame now to walk through at the end of the day and see the stained carpets, the trashcans overflowing, and old newspapers and ticket jackets laying around. Even the jetways are a mess. I know that jetways are beyond the normal area that the regular cleaning people get to, but would it kill somebody to come through and clean up and maybe vaccuum every once in awhile. The other day, I picked up a full cup of coffee that somebody had set down in a corner of the jetway. It had been sitting there long enough for the cream to coagulate into a solid layer of whatever on the top of the cup.

Latest resources

Back