• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Phantom RJ's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Who will recieve the new rj's from Mother Delta?

• Air Wisconsin

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • ASA

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Comair

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • Skywest

Votes: 27 19.0%
  • Mesa

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Chat

Votes: 58 40.8%
  • ACA

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • American Eagle

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Branson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some unknow sell out company

Votes: 9 6.3%

• Total voters
Looks like its a close call between the unpronouncible Chat guys and the west coast whores, skywest.......

I'll put in a vote for colgan. That should up the PFT to 40K per person.

pilots

This is not about the individual Chautauqua pilots.

I obviously do not subscribe to the theory that the pilots are single handedly trying to destroy Comair/ASA.

This is about their company and, for better or for worse, our management using them to whipsaw everyone in the DCI portfolio -- especially the wholly-owneds.

The sooner we realize that this is not about pilots, but rather about management -- the sooner we can start to work together to STOP the lowering of the bar.

We're all being threatened by management with potential outsourcing.

Mesa was threatened with outsourcing flying to Freedom.
Chautauqua was threatened with outsourcing flying to Republic.
Comair/ASA is threatened with transfering flying to Chautauqua.
Delta is threatened with outsourcing flying to Comair/ASA.

Management's one big ACME bomb is job security. We will fight each other to the death for growth and job security -- they know it.

So yes, your company represents a very real danger to what remains of my career. I don't blame you individually.

This isn't about pilots. This is about the whipsaw.

So, is whipsawing the "PC" term these days?

We used to call it competition.

Regionals will always compete for flying. WO's still seem to think they are born with the right to fly all the routes.

Many Regional airlines not owned by the major airlines have been around longer than the WO carriers themselves.

My vote is CHQ.

5 captain upgrades in the last month to MCO alone, not to mention all the other bases. Talks of 2 classes a month for a LONG time. Talks of 2 planes a month for a LONG time. BOS probably reopening as a base for delta aircraft (DFW also?)....

BB (ceo) just got back from a somewhere(Brasil?) for aircraft financing, etc.

NO 170's(or larger) for CHQ, they will be flown under Republic ticket(CHQ pilot list though).(chq will only operate one aircraft type for obvious reasons-money)

Hiring is at full speed, I was at the training dept. three weeks ago, one building totally full, building next to it full, with my upgrade class held in the hangar classrooms-no space left.

for what it's worth....

B

Awwww...wonderful, the Kmart of the regionals is gearing up for an onslaught.

In a few years all domestic flying with be done by a Mesa/Chihuahua hydra, with 24 year old Captains making $15.00/hr.

International flying will be a handful of pilots who survived (but lost) the Mesa/CHQ hoards.........

......"It's a lovely fuc.kin war"

I'm 31 making $57/hr....

how about you?

(want me to walk one in for ya?)

B

Notice the jealous always make the loudest stink.

Yes, CHQ is making money. Yes, their pilots new contract puts them far from the bottom in pay.

You complain and complain. If your company is doing so bad, you should take "blott" up on his offer to walk a resume in for you!

Dam.n...I may need you to walk in a resume to the Mesa/CHQ behemoth. After the older regionals have been so undercut, underbid, work rules erroded, that life is no longer tolerable.

JO will be President. Regional/National pilots who have struggled so hard to improve their contracts, only to see them cut from beneath them--will either change careers (again!) or suck it up.

None of us are going anywhere, the majors aren't going to hire anyone of us anytime soon. When they do hire it will almost certainly be old squadron buddies, not nickel and dime regional pilots.

All of us have to realize that or current position is likely where we are going to be for some time. To sell your soul for a few planes is painfully short-sighted.

I'm tired of having the CHQ group thrown in front of our face during negotiations. The tone is "these guys will do it for a lot less, do you want to grow or not?" Now it's likely Mesa will enter the ring, and NO ONE can compete with their bottom feeding.

One of our interns was in the CPO's office the other day, he was talking with another intern about resumes they have sent out. He said he was wating to hear back from Mesa and Freedom!! I nearly choked the bas.tard. He didnt' care, just a chance to fly a jet sooner rather than later. It's this mentality that will be the end of us all.......

Flame away........

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back