• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Phantom RJ's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Who will recieve the new rj's from Mother Delta?

• Air Wisconsin

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • ASA

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Comair

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • Skywest

Votes: 27 19.0%
  • Mesa

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Chat

Votes: 58 40.8%
  • ACA

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • American Eagle

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Branson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some unknow sell out company

Votes: 9 6.3%

• Total voters
I was of course joking, but for the record we do connection for Delta, Continental, Alaska, and I think NWA. All done out of LAX.

According to a Local Memphis periodical (Can't remember if it was the Commercial Appeal or the Memphis Business Journal) Pinnacle is gonna have an IPO in 30 days. The article mentioned that NWA would use the money from the IPO to fund the retirement fund and (I think I read this correctly) will not hold any stock in Pinnacle. Pinnacle and NWA will continue their current agreement for service until 2013 (I think thats the correct year) but Pinnacle would be allowed to seek additional aircraft for other codeshares.

amcnd,

besides the Do-jets, they say we have 50 CL-65 orders floating around that have yet to be assigned to anyone.

thinking logically (as if logic had anything to do with it), you might come up with the following:

-ASA won't get them while they're negotiating

-ACA certainly won't get them, as they either go independent or get bought by Mesa

-Skywest - maybe since they're non-union and cheap, but how many more RJs could Salt Lake need? maybe if they opened up a base in the East

-CHQ - the only negative with CHQ is that they fly the ERJs, why would they take on CRJs, what with the expense of setting up training, mechanics, parts, etc, etc. but then someone in my recurrent class mentioned that DCI could sell the CL-65s and convert them to ERJ orders at CHQ....

here at Comair, we'd like to think that although we cost more, we deliver a better product. that said, i've flown ASA, ACA and CHQ and with the exception of those d@mn Do-jets breaking down, all of DCI is doind a pretty good job. then there's a report that says we have th loest CASM, but you know statistics....

Captainv

>I would have to say I would'nt be Eagle. All thought I wish it were true. As long as Eagle is 100% AMR we will only fly for AA. What type of aircraft will it be? EMB or CRJ. this may help make the list smaller.

captainv,

I believe Delta is offering a contract to operate RJ's not necesarily CRJ's. If CHQ, TSA or any other ERJ operator were given the contract, than they would most likely operate the ERJ, rather than start with a new aircraft type.

Delta has slots for CRJ's. If they don't use them, they can sell them for a tidy profit to help pad the bottom line.

FDXFO2007 said:
According to a Local Memphis periodical (Can't remember if it was the Commercial Appeal or the Memphis Business Journal) Pinnacle is gonna have an IPO in 30 days. The article mentioned that NWA would use the money from the IPO to fund the retirement fund and (I think I read this correctly) will not hold any stock in Pinnacle. Pinnacle and NWA will continue their current agreement for service until 2013 (I think thats the correct year) but Pinnacle would be allowed to seek additional aircraft for other codeshares.
The Pinnacle IPO is in a few days, and as far as flying for other airlines, we would be limited to aircraft less than 60 seats or less than 70k lbs MTOW(page 59 of IPO). I can't seem to find the year when Pinnacle can start seeking other code shares. The IPO prospectus is 129 pages long and it's like reading the FAR's, and it's getting late.

cl-65link said:
The Pinnacle IPO is in a few days, and as far as flying for other airlines, we would be limited to aircraft less than 60 seats or less than 70k lbs MTOW(page 59 of IPO). I can't seem to find the year when Pinnacle can start seeking other code shares. The IPO prospectus is 129 pages long and it's like reading the FAR's, and it's getting late.

The agreement is until 2017, as for us "farming" ourselves out... Besides the above there is a list of other qualifiers that could make it really prohibitive.

While I cannot find the date on the lastest prospectus.. I sort of vaguely remember 2008 or 2010 as the EARLIEST we could consider a new codeshare or operation independant of Northwest.

Personally, If NWA is not getting a piece of the pie, I doubt we will ever fly something other than the "red tail"

but then someone in my recurrent class mentioned that DCI could sell the CL-65s and convert them to ERJ orders at CHQ....

Absolutely. Orders, options, delivery positions can ALL be sold.

Chautauqua also, incidentally, is owned by Wexford Management. Wexford also owns the Solitaire leasing group in Europe which (coincidentally) has literally HUNDREDS of orders, options, and delivery positions for EMB 145 series and EMB170 series.

Any guesses where the majority of those airplanes are expected to go?

There are an awful lot of people who are concerned that Mesa may be a new DCI partner. My opinion is that the fox is already in the henhouse. They are Chautauqua and, if you hadn't noticed, they are the DCI equivilent of Mesa ... and every bit as dangerous to our careers.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back