• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Phantom RJ's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Who will recieve the new rj's from Mother Delta?

• Air Wisconsin

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • ASA

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Comair

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • Skywest

Votes: 27 19.0%
  • Mesa

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Chat

Votes: 58 40.8%
  • ACA

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • American Eagle

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Branson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some unknow sell out company

Votes: 9 6.3%

• Total voters
OOramperpilot

Flown: C172, C152

Civ/Mil: Civ

Ratings: Padawan Learner

Current Position:

Total Time: 120

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice, when you get a flying job, then you can dis me about my comments about the various regionals, until then...........besides, I just call it like I see it.......if you can't handle it, move on.....and if you can't handle it, and you work for one of the companies that I mentioned in my previous comment, then dont' bend over so easily, and you won't be chastised...........

I make no claims about my flying experience. And I can handle it just fine. Been "Handling it" for 15 years in the airline biz starting as a ground pounder and working my way up so I have plenty of perspective to "dis" your comments.

If you have 2500 hrs, correction I see you added 500 since yesterday, split between civ and mil then I doubt you have much time in the regional biz or anywhere near the depth of experience.

Go troll somewhere else.

Last edited:
Well, that's good you have the experience to dis me, and I have no problem with that.............I was just making a point, that if you bend over, you need to be ready to handle the consequences.................but, what can you expect from your initial comment telling me to get over it and that I'm a tool...them be fighting words...so, I responded, anyone would have...................last time I checked, this was still a free country, so I spoke my mind....just like your free to call me a tool.........understand...?

PS...oh, about the flight time, I don't keep up with it as much as the next person...............once again, it looks like the east coast whores are leading the west coast whores.......I wonder who will win.....

Last edited:
RichO,

There are too many threads on this board that degenerate into pissing matches and it isn't my intention to continue the trend so this will be my last post before signing off on this thread.

First off, "dis" was your word, not mine. Hence the quotes.

Second, you speak of fighting words, but it was you who refered to SkyWest as "the west coast whores" thereby slinging the first "fighting words."

I suggest looking up the word "whore" in a dictionary. According to Mr. Webster, definitions one and two define it as a woman or man who engages in sexual acts for money. Defination three is likely what you were reaching for, a venal or unscrupulous person.

In either case, I don't see how SkyWest fits either definition. If you want to talk solicitiation, then SkyWest has not solicited any of it's three code-share partners. We got the Delta code when Delta merged with Western with whom we already had a contract to provide feed to their SLC operation. UA came to us, after they canceled their contract with Mesa/Westair. Likewise, CO approached us to provide turbo prop feed in IAH after a previously successful business relationship in LAX five years earlier that we were regettfully required to terminate due to a non-compete clause with our then new code share with UA. Internal disagreements aside, it also my experience that this company has never behaved unscrupulously.

While you could easily flip the defination around and ask, who in fact are the whores, in my experience the label does not fit our mainline partners either. Internal problems notwithstanding, I have met very, very few individuals from DL, UA or CO, corporate, gate agents, flight attendants, or pilots who were not consumate professionals and in some cases, people I call friends.

As for the the freedom of speech card, I never questioned your right express your opinions and if you served in he United States military then you have certainly earned that right, perhaps more than others. I only question the manner in which you did it.

If your short or long career in aviation has already left you jaded, then I can't help that, but don't try to point the finger at us as all or part of the woes of the regional industry. The history of the airlines is already littered with those that have done much worse through either wilful intent or ignorant malfeasance.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back