• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PFT'er damages A-320

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, then, you were stupid. That's fine, it was your decision, but you shouldn't demand that everyone else make the same mistakes you did.

You make no sense at all! How was my honorable career path stupid? You still haven't answered why you think PCL now condemns PFT...

But they are taking "unfair" advantage of the fact that they had more money than the pilot who had to work full-time to afford flight training.

I know lots of pilots who had the money but did not lower themselves to the PFT level. I also met guys who did not have the money, yet went into debt to get ahead of fellow pilots. Again, you prove your ignorance !

But they are taking "unfair" advantage of the fact that they had more money than the pilot who had to work full-time to afford flight training.

No, you cant equate working hard to success, as being the same thing as PFT. Hard work is honorable, a sign of integrity, its what built this country.

PFT is just looking for a shortcut, not by ability and hard work, but by handing over money for a job.

Answer this. Would the pilot community as whole, be better off if nobody would PFT?

I lived it jacka$$, I was one of those affected. I chose to flight instruct, then 135 then ANG therefore bypassing all those PFT idiots. YOU'RE THE ONE WITHOUT A CLUE! I did things the right way!
This issue is about experience vs credit rating. When I started flying for money the jobs and demands were expanded as experience was built. If you were lax or careless, violation or accidents were almost a certainty. I personally know of more pilots than I care to count, who "got violated" or worse, dead, for whatever reason. As I progressed through the industry these people were selected out and moved into other careers or graves. Enter PFT, if your credit rating allows it, you can go from almost "0" time to right seat of a sophisticated(semi for the Beech), aircraft. The selection process for success/survival is eliminated by virtue of a Visa card, in essence a percentage of the PFTers are people who would have been selected out of the industry due to their lack of skills, ability or just common sense. Notice I didn't say all, just a percentage. When I was hired into the airline industry, I had 1000 hours of BE99 135 self dispatched freight time and almost 3200hrs of flight time total, the very fact that I was there and alive and with certificates unsullied by the FAA meant I did it right enough to stay alive, and as such a known commodity. I regularly fly with "young" pilots who have never taxied on snow, had to deal with ice, weird companies who want you to take insane chances to deliver their freight, in clapped out rolling dumpsters they call planes. I guess its about experience, "plane" and simple, and guess what you can't buy that, with or with out a Visa card. The best times I have ever had flying were not in the cockpit of an airliner, GA was the most fun/interesting by the way.
PBR

Last edited:
No, you cant equate working hard to success, as being the same thing as PFT. Hard work is honorable, a sign of integrity, its what built this country.

PFT is just looking for a shortcut, not by ability and hard work, but by handing over money for a job.
No, it's the same. In both cases, one pilot is using their parents' money to jump ahead of the pilot that had to work full-time to afford training.

Answer this. Would the pilot community as whole, be better off if nobody would PFT?
That depends. What are we giving up in the contract to get rid of the PFT requirement?

This issue is about experience vs credit rating. When I started flying for money the jobs and demands were expanded as experience was built. If you were lax or careless, violation or accidents were almost a certainty. I personally know of more pilots than I care to count, who "got violated" or worse, dead, for whatever reason. As I progressed through the industry these people were selected out and moved into other careers or graves. Enter PFT, if your credit rating allows it, you can go from almost "0" time to right seat of a sophisticated(semi for the Beech), aircraft. The selection process for success/survival is eliminated by virtue of a Visa card, in essence a percentage of the PFTers are people who would have been selected out of the industry due to their lack of skills, ability or just common sense. Notice I didn't say all, just a percentage. When I was hired into the airline industry, I had 1000 hours of BE99 135 self dispatched freight time and almost 3200hrs of flight time total, the very fact that I was there and alive and with certificates unsullied by the FAA meant I did it right enough to stay alive, and as such a known commodity. I regularly fly with "young" pilots who have never taxied on snow, had to deal with ice, weird companies who want you to take insane chances to deliver their freight, in clapped out rolling dumpsters they call planes. I guess its about experience, "plane" and simple, and guess what you can't buy that, with or with out a Visa card. The best times I have ever had flying were not in the cockpit of an airliner, GA was the most fun/interesting by the way.
PBR

Like talking about yourself huh?

Like talking about yourself huh?
When you have actually worked an airplane, you can call yourself a working pilot, until then, you are a paperboy. You don't have any experience, so the explanation about it baffles you, that's ok, the world needs paperboys and dish washers too(your future)!
PBR

Back when COEX was PFT, I recall that minimums were higher for those who didn't have to PFT vs. those who had.

IOWs, if you had less time, you could get hired, contingent upon your handing over ~ $10K vs. non-PFT hiring minimums which were much higher.

Now, does any of that make sense?

If no one PFT'ed for a salaried FO position, then that positon would be available for compensation to a qualified pilot. By PFTing, you reduce the available entry level jobs for pilots with competent qualifications and put the person who can afford to (many times due to lack of skill and TT) ahead of those who earned the right through experience building operations.

Last edited:
Back when COEX was PFT, I recall that minimums were higher for those who didn't have to PFT vs. those who had.

IOWs, if you had less time, you could get hired, contingent upon your handing over ~ $10K vs. non-PFT hiring minimums which were much higher.

Now, does any of that make sense?

If no one PFT'ed for a salaried FO position, then that positon would be available for compensation to a qualified pilot. By PFTing, you reduce the available entry level jobs for pilots with competent qualifications and put the person who can afford to (many times due to lack of skill and TT) ahead of those who earned the right through experience building operations.

EXACTLY!!! Good post!

Latest resources

Back