• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PFT'er damages A-320

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So 300 hour pilots don't have the ability to fly jets?

Soon as you wrote that I looked to the left at your info lol. You know when I was in ROTC I couldn't believe I would be in a jet at that amount of hours. But, anything is possible hopefully I find out for myself if I get a UPT slot for a ANG Unit im applying to.

This FO took the cheapest and shortest route possible to get his UK CPL. It's called "modular," as opposed to the more structured "integrated" courses.

Interesting....didn't know there was a difference. Will have to look that up.

I'm sure PCL is a great guy, just like me. Just like some guys at GoJets, too, I'd wager.

What rankles some people is benefiting from PFJ, then whirling around and wagging your finger at the next generation, threatening their future livelyhood, etc. I'm sure PCL is sincere in his (extremely) pro-union stance, but he should find another hatchet man for the personal attacks on people who don't toe the party line, because as everyone knows, he didn't either.

If I had the money and opportunity to advance my career by PFT back in those days, I would have done it in a heartbeat. Intentionally delaying your career by several years and losing several hundred thousand dollars off the end of your career is kind of stupid.

But herein lies the problem with that.

That gets into "ME ME ME" Syndrome, that sure you are getting to cut ahead of others, but at what cost?

Look at the world besides just yourself, and at the industry as a whole. Would your actions be an example for others to follow to make the industry better? Or if everyone did not and refused to PFT, refused to accept low pay, result in a better industry for pilots?

I want what I do, or at least how I go about it, to be an good example of what to do, and pilots who refuse to PFT, are an good example to others also. I dont think you can argue that paying to jump ahead, is something good for the industry or pilots as a whole, but just only a selfish act about the industry and "ME". And it helps to screw others too.

Our industry would be better if NO ONE did PFT. Sure its easy to beat up on PCL over it, but I am sure there are LOTS of others on Flightinfo who paid for regional jobs too. Their explanation is "Oh, well thats just the way it was". It was only the way it was, because pilots were willing to put up with it.

Last edited:
That was not the first nor the last PFT'er to damage an A320 in Europe. My Avatar says it all...

Last edited:
Several years ago, the same thing happened at ASA. Not sure if that was back in the days of PFT or not...

PFT'er is a poor description. Ab Initio "prodigy" is more fitting.

Latest resources

Back