• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PFT'er damages A-320

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well I think its pretty obvious here that 300 hr pilots dont need to be in any of the front seats of jets.

Well I think its pretty obvious here that 300 hr pilots dont need to be in any of the front seats of jets.

To be followed by the " I knew a guy that had 20 hours that was the best pilot god has ever seen, and he personally saved a space shuttle mission by remotely piloting the craft back to a safe landing when the pilot became ill." AND..." I also know a guy who has 130,000 hours and can't land a plane to save his life. In fact if I wasnt there, during.... thousands would have been killed"

By the way I agree with your statement

I mean we could debate this for hours and at first I thought well maybe I could do it. But, the reality of it is and I speak first hand being a 300hr wonder, maybe I could get the plane down and safe? Would it be nice and smooth, and within the first 1000ft of the runway well thats a different story lol.

To be followed by the " I knew a guy that had 20 hours that was the best pilot god has ever seen, and he personally saved a space shuttle mission by remotely piloting the craft back to a safe landing when the pilot became ill." AND..." I also know a guy who has 130,000 hours and can't land a plane to save his life. In fact if I wasnt there, during.... thousands would have been killed"

By the way I agree with your statement

There was a time when this seemed to be a weekly debate on FI -- then again, it has been kind of quiet as of late.

I'll tell you what PBR, I've flown with the man. He was top notch all the way around, no kidding. Good CA, good pilot, nice guy, fun trip. I did my sh_t "old school" too, Bethel style! I have no problem with him and how he came up. Truth is, if I had done things the way he did, I'd have been in my current shoes two years earlier and owe the bank 20G's less. My mom and dad didn't pay a dime for my training and neither did his, the banks own that. You keep on talking smack about a man that turned himself inside out representing Pinnacle pilots on thousands of carpet dances if you want, but I know the truth. My question to you is: Are you just stupid, or retarded?
A little of both, but even I know there lines you don't cross, kinda like being a ______, you fill in the blank. I don't care how many hail marys he says, for him to come and preach, smacks of hypocrisy. He can spend the rest of his life doing "The right thing", and thats fine, do it quietly. Pilots who think its ok to step to the front of the line because their credit rating will allow it do something far worse to the profession then being selfish. They enable the process to perpetuate the problems that we are all experiencing. There is not a point where you start doing the right thing, its organic. Don't preach to me, lecture PCL, he is the one with values issues.
PBR

A little of both, but even I know there lines you don't cross, kinda like being a ______, you fill in the blank. I don't care how many hail marys he says, for him to come and preach, smacks of hypocrisy. He can spend the rest of his life doing "The right thing", and thats fine, do it quietly. Pilots who think its ok to step to the front of the line because their credit rating will allow it do something far worse to the profession then being selfish. They enable the process to perpetuate the problems that we are all experiencing. There is not a point where you start doing the right thing, its organic. Don't preach to me, lecture PCL, he is the one with values issues.
PBR

To add to your comment...

Chickensled, PCL may be a good guy(in your eyes), but what he did is selfish. Didn't he ever discuss with you why it was a bad idea to PFT? He always says on FI it was a poor decision that he regrets. It's scary to think there are guys like you who still think it's acceptable, after all, you could have been in your position 2 years earlier if you stepped on some backs along the way. Hell, if I PFTed, I could have been at Delta for 12 years instead of being junior. I chose the honest and respectable way.

You obviously were not a person who was hurt by PFTers. I could have jumped thousands of numbers, but have too much respect to damage the profession in that manner. Instead, I Flight Instructed, flew 135 night freight then went into the ANG. My career was derailed by 9/11(as were many), but I was able to overcome the setback. I'm proud of my career path, can PCL say the same? He obviously has regrets about PFT and, at least now sees the harm. PBR is right, he has no room to preach!

what did you talk you all the info about your pilot licence medical atc tapes is of public dormain
English is a second language to you isn't it. Normally I can see past spelling and grammatical errors enough to at least understand the sentence but, damn, I don't have a clue as to what you're trying to say.

Latest resources

Back