• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PFT - The final chapter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was getting too old and that age 60 thing would have killed me in retirement. At JUS I could keep working a lot longer.

Got it all wrong

Yep. Working indefinately behind a desk like the management lapdog that you are.
Very little time at the desk. Lots in the airplane, classroom, fun stuff.

Very little time at the desk. Lots in the airplane, classroom, fun stuff.

And online in an anonymous chatboard trying to convince pilots they are only worth what your company pays....

?????????

And online in an anonymous chatboard trying to convince pilots they are only worth what your company pays....
I have never said that, I have said that pilots are entitled to whatever the market will pay them. Some pay their dues in the on-demand business, remember part of your sacrifice speech? I have seen too many pilots leave JUS to places like AAL, DAL, NJ, FedEx, UPS, even SWA without a college degree. Mostly they are thankful for the opportunity to get the resume fluff for the next job and many stay in touch with me after leaving to talk about the good ole days. Many elect to stay because them enjoy 6 figure + incomes and they could never catch up with their earnings if they left JUS. BTW anonymous? everyone knows who I am, where I work, and how to get ahold of me.

So flight time is part of the compensation package?

And when your pilots are good and experienced and qualified- pay goes up?

So flight time is part of the compensation package?

And when your pilots are good and experienced and qualified- pay goes up?
Again all wrong, it is a place you come to get your next job. If you don't get your next job, you end up hanging around moving up the pay scale. You know 12th Ca's make more than 2nd yr F/O's. Many people are not as cool as you and don't get chances to go to SWA, so they are stuck in a bottom feeder ecking by on their miserly $100K/yr. Funny thing it is a place you come back to when the next job didn't work out. BTW 1st yr DA-20 F/O pay is $36K/yr. Well above anyone else in this sector, almost double what one gets for a SJS job.

Latest resources

Back