Pet Peeves While Airlining

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Palomino said:
i need to book a fractional flight and find some things to whine about.

and to think i used to give fractional guys free rides. glad i ended that policy along with the government's insistence post 9/11

Yes! Because this is a serious business with no room for this kind of humor or good natured ribbing. Now get back to work, everyone. Nothing to see here. Move along now.

WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?! MOOOOOVE IT!!! GRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Ticker said:
We have one of those strollers thats the equivilant of a sherman tank and she uses it that way! "Move it! Woman with a baby coming through!" and my favorite "real nice!! Thank God I'm not on the Titanic!!!" And I quote! I follow close behind making sure that the car seat the baby sits in hangs off my shoulder and bops the maximum number of gate cloggers on my way by.(no way in he11 my kid is sitting on a lap!)
She even had to shame some weenie into getting their but up off the seat in the monorail when she was traveling 8 months pregnant.

Pervis said:
Voice, I believe Ticker was saying his 8 month pregnant wife had to persuade the idiot to give up his seat so she could sit. I think you misinterpreted that part of his post.

Yikes...even worse. I thought they were indicating the pregnant woman was a "weenie" for traveling 8 months pregnant, and taking up their seat...after all, who flies 8 months pregnant? Not much concern for the impending "kyd" I must say....

Voice Of Reason said:
Yikes...even worse. I thought they were indicating the pregnant woman was a "weenie" for traveling 8 months pregnant, and taking up their seat...after all, who flies 8 months pregnant? Not much concern for the impending "kyd" I must say....

Loser go home. Children are a gift from God, so what if you have one or six? Don't get on someone's case over their kids until you see what type of parents they are.

Voice Of Reason said:

Ahh yes the all knowing Voice of Treason....... Common sense or manners be damned...... Intelligent conversation, that is out the window also!!!

I'm sure you are also qualified to make the call as to wheather it is safe for this lady to fly. Why don't you just stick to posting about things you know about. Should cut way down on the number of dumb posts from you on this board....

RNObased said:
Ticker don't worry about what the voice of Treason says. He couldn't get a date with a fist full of fifties. So we don't have to worry about him expanding the shallow end of gene pool.

LMAO!!

Not to worry gentelmen. As a guy wiser and funnier than I once said,

" I love to let the morons exercise their right to free speech. It allows the rest of us to identify them that much quicker ".

A great thread none the less. Let's keep it going!

Was airlinering the other day, and had one of the 'class clowns' three rows back. It was very nice to reach into the carry-on, pull out the $0.33 ear plugs, and hit the guy's mute button. I bought the 'snack' service to throw in the flight bag for the trip back, I figured I could throw the crackers at any wildlife in self-defense if I crashed. I'd walked past first class earlier and was happy I hadn't wasted miles on an upgrade, an infant--the original soundbomb--was ticking away in the second row. If the kid ever went off, I never heard it. I did enjoy my carry-on meal with more than a few pax looking on enviously. I have no sympathy for them, "You want it, you pack it."

But what really irks me, and I see this again and again, is my window was filthy. Part of my job when I was a ramper was to make sure those things were clean and they were a rated item on the pax surveys. If I'd wanted to look at the smelly cattle inside, I woulda booked an aisle. Yeah, yeah, I know the airline is bankrupt, who isn't, but the competitors can generally keep 'em at least see-through. Windows ahead and behind were not any better. They had not been cleaned in weeks. UGH! I *LIKE* looking out the windows.

Other than that, I was quite happy to get out of cattle class and into my own bird for the trip home.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Jedi--They laid off the window-cleaning rampers. In fact, they laid off all the rampers and hired contract rampers--Crips Aviation Service. :rolleyes: TC

Don't need or want the free ride Palomino. If I somehow decide to airline somewhere on my day off I use my miles or buy my own ticket, no begging involved...

Go ahead and book that fractional flight and see what you can find to whine about though, cuz I hear very little of it from our pax. Guess they are keeping it all to themselves.

Latest resources

Back