Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whiner

TIGV said:
How about the perception of Comair pilots in the crew-room? In the airports? In the industry at large?

Self rightous. Arrogant. Immature group of sophomoric children who believe that they are owed something more than what they are willing to work for.

So it's our fault (CMR Pilots) that your job sucks. Get a new one.

Waco

Hmmmm.....That wasn't me folks..... I gotta stop forgetting to log the hell out when I'm out an' about.

Dam n that sux !

Whoever it was, grow some balls and post your own opinions.

TIGV (or whomever wrote that), come on now. If you're going to really insult us you've got to do a better job than that! Dig deep into your gut and inner misery and tell us how you really feel...then stop to say HI to us in the hallway and politely ask for our jumpseat. :)

Brett Hull said:
I guess I missed that one. I remember the article about the guy complaining about having to ride on the Dash, but what was done with the Mesa letters?

You can search this forum. A bunch of pilots sent in letters (not all from Mesa pilots) and it was twisted around into making them all look bad to the public.

N2264J said:
Pilcher is a reporter and he's just reporting what Buttrell has said.

Wrong. That was the reporters opinion. The line you refer to is not in "Quotes". So it comes from the person writting not Buttrell.

wrigley23 said:
http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050118/BIZ01/501180331

But Buttrell faces challenges, including:

• High labor costs at Comair in comparison with other regional airlines.

• A fractious and sometimes stubborn pilot union, which went on strike in spring 2001 for 89 days. The union said no to Comair's request last year to take a pay cut.

---------
Hey CVG guys, send this Pilcher guy an email and tell him he needs to educate himself more about the industry before he writes crap like this and resorts to name calling, using words like fractious (probably a big word for him). I'd rather be fractious and stubborn than spineless, aka...nevermind.

[email protected]

All I know is there are some Comair who will bump certain airlines employees from jumpseating, and accuse them of "stealing" their routes. The media just puts the icing on the cake. With Comair the culprit in the biggest loss (2 Billion) in 90 days, for their company, it's time for change!

I've yet to have a YV guy ask for my jumpseat. And I've never heard of any of our guys denying jumpseats to YV guys. As you know YV guys can't sit in our jumpseat only in the back (We're not CASS yet nor do I know if YV is either). If we've got room, we'll take you, it's that simple!

I've had plenty of Chataqua guys ask for the JS and they're always welcome.

As for the 2 billion dollar loss as I understand it it's a paper loss only, not actual $$ loss. It's purely for accounting purposes.

I apologize in advance for any spelling, gramatical and punctuation errors.:)

ilovemesa said:
All I know is there are some Comair who will bumpcertain airlines employees from jumpseating, and accuse them of"stealing" their routes. The media just puts the icing on the cake.With Comair the culprit in the biggest loss (2 Billion) in 90 days, fortheir company, it's time for change!

Get a clue or get lost man. ASA and Comair haved helped soften Delta'slosses to a certain extent for the past several years. The General willtell you it's hard to track the exact profitibility of the wholly ownedcompanies but we are certainly not the culprit for the 2 billion fourthquarter loss.

If you work for Comair you might do better to focus on what the new president said in his letter to the "Comair Team" (on which he has never been a player and is not likely to be), than the remarks of the reporter.

Butrell's attitude is evident in that letter, so it should be no surprise that Pilcher saw it that way.

This guy is a hatchet man, with very little airline experience. In fact none, until he was hired by Delta in the mid 90's. The Air Force Academy is a good school, but I don't think they teach airline management.

If he doesn't adjust his attitude towards Comair and its people, things are likely to get a lot more "fractious" in the future than they may have been in the past.

ilovemesa said:
All I know is there are some Comair who will bump certain airlines employees from jumpseating, and accuse them of "stealing" their routes. The media just puts the icing on the cake. With Comair the culprit in the biggest loss (2 Billion) in 90 days, for their company, it's time for change!

You're right. If you are CHQ (or DAL, or ASA, or Skywest) and trying to jumpseat on Comair to CVG, and I am also trying to get to CVG for work, and only the jumpseat is left...well...see ya. That's how it works and everyone would do the same thing. I have elected to ride in the jumpseat numerous times to allow an off-line jumpseater to have a chance at a seat in back.

As far as
ilovemesa said:
With Comair the culprit in the biggest loss (2 Billion) in 90 days, for their company, it's time for change!
if you really think that is what happened, you are a bigger fool/tool than I thought (or your name implies).

Latest resources

Back