• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wrigley23

I got that goin' for me
http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050118/BIZ01/501180331

But Buttrell faces challenges, including:

• High labor costs at Comair in comparison with other regional airlines.

• A fractious and sometimes stubborn pilot union, which went on strike in spring 2001 for 89 days. The union said no to Comair's request last year to take a pay cut.

---------
Hey CVG guys, send this Pilcher guy an email and tell him he needs to educate himself more about the industry before he writes crap like this and resorts to name calling, using words like fractious (probably a big word for him). I'd rather be fractious and stubborn than spineless, aka...nevermind.

[email protected]

Before someone asks:

Fractious.
adj.
Inclined to make trouble; unruly.
Having a peevish nature; cranky.

[From fraction, discord (obsolete).]

Careful what you tell the press. Remember what was done with all the Mesa letters sent about the ASE service.

Just a thought.

DiverDriver said:
Careful what you tell the press. Remember what was done with all the Mesa letters sent about the ASE service.

Just a thought.

Good point ;)

Those fractious & stubborn pilots are about the only ones out there making anywhere close what we should all be getting paid. The only challenge this dude has stepping into the game is the same one all of us do. Being the little b*tch to a some fat cats sitting in the corporate offices a multi million dollar LOSING major airline. We're always the bad guys.....good reporting ace! AD

wrigley23 said:
http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050118/BIZ01/501180331

But Buttrell faces challenges, including:

• High labor costs at Comair in comparison with other regional airlines.

• A fractious and sometimes stubborn pilot union, which went on strike in spring 2001 for 89 days. The union said no to Comair's request last year to take a pay cut.

---------
Hey CVG guys, send this Pilcher guy an email and tell him he needs to educate himself more about the industry before he writes crap like this and resorts to name calling, using words like fractious (probably a big word for him). I'd rather be fractious and stubborn than spineless, aka...nevermind.

[email protected]

The media will always over embellish a tad to sell newspapers. Before we gave up a billion a year they made it seem like every Delta pilot was making over $300,000 a year, when that really was the senior 777 Captains, and we only have 8 total 777s----making it really tough to be one of those pilots. Of course people should be more aware of what pilots go through, and maybe that would sway public opinion. But, those two bullet points he stated were correct. Compared to OTHER REGIONALS, you guys do make more money(even though regional pilots as a whole don't make ENOUGH), and you could be considered a contentous group since your group did strike and held out for a long time. He wasn't lying, he just wasn't telling the FULL story, and that is why we always look bad.

Being the highest paid of anything (majors or regionals) makes you a target. They will come after your money, and you will most likely give it up in the end. We held on to the top for three full years, and then we were boxed into a corner. They will try to do the same to you. Good luck.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Being the highest paid of anything (majors or regionals) makes you a target. They will come after your money, and you will most likely give it up in the end. We held on to the top for three full years, and then we were boxed into a corner. They will try to do the same to you. Good luck.

Thank you for being halfway civil to us for a change, Gen.

That being said, the difference between our negotiating position and yours is that you guys lost $240 million or so 2Q while we made a profit of $23 million. Also, as proven in the link above, our costs are the lowest in the business.

You had to take a cut to keep the company afloat, as much as I hated to see it happen. Ours would only increase the large profits our company is already reaping. Mgmt doesn't have a leg to stand on when they come to us.

General Lee said:
Of course people should be more aware of what pilots go through, and maybe that would sway public opinion.

Bye Bye--General Lee

The public doesn't give a rat's arse "...what pilots go through..."; they never have and never will...why should they ? This means there's no point even talking to them. I walked the picket line with the EAL guys and the "public" wouldn't even spit on your shoes, and the EAL guys had a legitimate cause and gripe.

This reporter is just doing what his ilk do...stirring the pot for there own purposes.

The best response to this article is the sound of silence. They publish stuff like this because the response from pilots is so predictable and suits their purposes so well.

Sit this one out...nobody cares.

bafanguy said:
Sit this one out...nobody cares.

After sitting back and taking a minute to ponder, I agree, lethim fester in his own ignorance. It does bother me though whenIhang out with non-aviation folk that read this sh*tand say, "well Iheard this"or "aren't you guys overpaid". I have to eitherroll my eyes and change the subjector try to take the time and explain everything. Goes with the territory I guess.

Nice post General, thoughtful and articulate, and I'm being sincere.It sucks when mybest friend (old college buddy who is a consultant) is trying to convince me to get an MBAbecause an airline career might not be possible anymore. Oh well, enjoy it while it lasts.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back