Pension troubles for Delta and Northwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
michael707767 said:
Delta never ceases to amaze me on the crap they think is a good idea to support. I don't get it.

Fins and michael,

Come on you sillies........you both KNOW that Buckhead is full of rich gays. We don't want them flying to SFO on Airtran, you know.....(Thank gawd we are the only one with nonstops to Key West)

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Fins and michael,

Come on you sillies........(Thank gawd we are the only one with nonstops to Key West)

Bye Bye--General Lee
General, I thought ASA was a separate airline, not part of the "we" who enjoy scope protection. But since you are giving us credit, we are also the only airline to Asheville, NC.

Fins,

Touche! Like a marriage of convenience, it's a we of convenience.

doh said:
Fins,

Touche! Like a marriage of convenience, it's a we of convenience.

Touche? Who sells those tickets to Key West to those rich gay people in Buckhead? We do. That is what I meant, they can buy from us---our website.

Doh,

You guys and the ASA pilots make money for our collective corporation, and that is great. That will also happen if Comair is IPO'd and ASA is sold to SkyWest.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
In the end the wisest (word?) thing for congress to do would be to allow the extra time to fund the pensions. It would allow the companies to stay out of Ch 11, allow them to continue to pay creditors and allow employees to have some sort of pension, allow interstate commerce to continue, etc etc etc...vs.....Ch11 for companies, creditors being screwed and we poor pilots having to drive our cars past 31k (That is a dig.....some of us have 50k+ on our cars and will most likely drive them to 100k...the days of the millionaire pilot are over)
Aaanyway. The ONLY and I mean ONLY reason I see for congress not to pass this is retribution. "Spank" the dumb, mismanaged, greedy corporations for being bad. I don't see that happening..but if it does..we have bigger problems in this country.

Latest resources

Back