Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the vote of confidence. . .

BoilerUP said:
If PDT is hurting so bad for pilots, and the higher time CFIs & freight dogs want no part of it, then its a wonderful opportunity for lower-time pilots to get some excellent experience. . .

Thanks for the positive words. I think the "arrogant" UND guys are few and far between. I graduated from UND and I'm currently instructing(in the real world). I have several low time friends at UND who got hired on within the last few years. They were by no means cocky or arrogant. One thing I would say is they did work very hard to get there, even if they didn't have quite as much experience as the published PDT minimums. All together I have 3 friends currently flying for, and 2 more who will be interviewing soon.

There are a few arrogant people from UND, usually the ones who had everything handed to them, including an instructing job at the university.

Keep in mind that Piedmont is not the only carrier that hires UND grads with lower time minimums. The ones I remember include: Air Cargo Carriers, American Eagle, Horizon, Expressjet Airlines, and Air Wisconsin. Included in this list, these carriers have hired people with just as much time, or less than anyone hired at Piedmont.

As for myself, yes, I've considered Piedmont as an opportunity for myself, but, by no means do I feel like anyone "owes" me anything.

UND only gets a bad name because of the number that PDT highers!! The more they hire, the more chances of some 'Arrogant' pilots.
Then again, PDT has a bunch of Captains that have been around and seen a bunch of changes in the aviation industry. Can you imagine being a 50 something year old Captain for a Turbo Prop outfit that never got a College Degree, never made it to the 'Show' (Mainline)... Now you have some 23 year old College puke that got the Job that he needed 3000hrs for!!! And all he talks aboutis upgrading getting his time and moving on to bigger and better things, And when PDT is the best thing that this captain will ever see.... Tuff pill to swallow!!
However, I myself and other Captains I have talked too... All in all like the UND guys/gals.. And they do a good job!
Just remember that when you fly with that Old Silver Haired Captain at PDT, he did a bunch of work over the last 15 Years fighting and working to give you better pay and a much better contract then most regionals!!!
Peace!!

WSurf said:
Just remember that when you fly with that Old Silver Haired Captain at PDT, he did a bunch of work over the last 15 Years fighting and working to give you better pay and a much better contract then most regionals!!!
Peace!!

true that!!
I fly with only ALG guys being based in MDT, the best guys I have ever flown with (after you get over the ALG hazing that is)

mnalpha said:
true that!!
I fly with only ALG guys being based in MDT, the best guys I have ever flown with (after you get over the ALG hazing that is)

thats cause you haven't flown with any SYR or LGA guys yet lol, unless you've flown with a certain mdt capt with brushy hair that does extremely good impersonations of christoher walken and bobby deniro among others, he's a blast to fly with

and exactly what is the hazing they do there? :pimp:

I almost pee peed my pants flying with ol brucey!! :laugh:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back