• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pdt

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I see you have read your copy of "Flying the Line".

LOL

The payrates back then on the F-28's back in the 80's are better then what we see now on the 170's.

We could talk all day about whats a regional airplane, but if your flying a bird that replaces a mainline plane you should get atleast in the same ballpark in pay.

Exactly what my point was. Pilots now days think a 737 is big time. Not quite. My point was that 30 years ago, a 737 was a first airplane at a Major and ran regional routes, unlike today. Now you have so called regional jets flying those routes and mainline has nothing less than a 737-700-900 and those are on their way out too. Absolutely right, about the payscales too, I'd rather be flying an F-28. Now there's a plane with noise, no fancy shmancy FMS, and no slats. You nailed it, I own Vol. 1 and 2 of Flying the Line. Good books, but considering the source I like to view other sources when I research history. This is a pretty good site, if you've got any other's throw 'em out there: http://www.departedflights.com.

Last edited:
There is talk on another board of PSA + PDT = PSDT Jan 1. BS or possibly some truth? Both groups are now accepting resumes (I know psa still has guys on the street.) Thoughts?

According to the ask pdt put out today... no flying west of the Mississippi.

Something tells me RobCat isn't the one that is holding on. I'm not entirely sure, but I'm merely guessing.

Whatever.

My wedding tackle landed one hot wife, so I'll measure myself another way- in November, my per flight hour pay was north of 395 bucks. Does that make me "skeert" with the above revelation? No.

Hey! I can sing "Nessun Dorma!" Does that make me cool, too? Wait- I still have a hot wife, work a couple of days a month, actually fly an airliner versus punching FMS buttons, I'm over 6 feet tall and majored in Chemical Engineering with a double minor.

What were we talking about?

Something tells me RobCat isn't the one that is holding on. I'm not entirely sure, but I'm merely guessing.

Whatever.

My wedding tackle landed one hot wife, so I'll measure myself another way- ?

Wedding tackle...

Haven't heard that in a long while... That's funny stuff!

Whatever.

My wedding tackle landed one hot wife, so I'll measure myself another way- in November, my per flight hour pay was north of 395 bucks. Does that make me "skeert" with the above revelation? No.

Hey! I can sing "Nessun Dorma!" Does that make me cool, too? Wait- I still have a hot wife, work a couple of days a month, actually fly an airliner versus punching FMS buttons, I'm over 6 feet tall and majored in Chemical Engineering with a double minor.

What were we talking about?

You kinda sound like that Gen Lee chick that wastes everyones time around here.

no offense, just saying

Latest resources

Back