• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pdt

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cancellation pay. It would be nice if we had it but its not that much of a factor. Our year end bonus probably covers it. Hows that non-profit regional jet carrier doing? Play nice before we stop loaning you money.

The money is more of a pay to play then anything else. But if you guys wanna offer it, hell we'll take it.

Maybe the company (RAH) should atleast give some of that money to first year FO's.

Plus I hope you guys get a new contract and better pay, cause if not and Mesa goes out of buisness you folks might be taking there place.

Didn't Mesa, RAH, and AWAC get their flying cut to contract minimums? If so, then the w/o's have to take the hit.

Ummm, why would the WO's HAVE to take a hit? If the contract carriers took a hit and the WO's didn't, that would be fair and square as far as I am concerned.

PDT and PSA earned some good fortune a long time ago!

FWIW, I think PSA did lose some flying. PDT lost block hours in NOV and DEC but parked no airplanes. Block hours at PDT seem to be going up some in JAN.

That there's a mainline jet you know - they don't park on the "express" gates in CLT any more.

No they don't, but I think they are more suited over there, then on the D Concourse. I would hope one day they would get the word Express off that plane and up the payrates. Never thought regional pay would be slammed into a plane that big.

Sad, whats next? I guess soon the 737 will be a regional plane also.

I don't think RP lost any airways flying... Infact the MCI base is growing for the Airways side, faster than the midwest.
Also, we may not have the cancellation pay but we sure do get good bonuses... alot better than a hat trick.
Also, the only reason PDT makes any money is because the planes are crap. MX is nill. Also there is not any overhead. Look at the SBY HQ... really nice there. The dispatch center is a dump, infact the entire office is a dump. If you want to start talking about whose balls are bigger. I am sure it can be done.

Also, the only reason PDT makes any money is because the planes are crap. MX is nill. Also there is not any overhead. Look at the SBY HQ... really nice there. The dispatch center is a dump, infact the entire office is a dump. If you want to start talking about whose balls are bigger. I am sure it can be done.

Well from an investor's standpoint, thats a plus. Peter Lynch, the great manager of the Fidelity Magellan fund, loved it when companies had sparse, barren headquarters.

It doesnt matter how nice the company's buildings are, the only thing that matters is the bottom line. I'd rather get paid more to fly a smaller plane, then have my pay reduced so management can have a nice building.

I don't think RP lost any airways flying... Infact the MCI base is growing for the Airways side, faster than the midwest.
Also, we may not have the cancellation pay but we sure do get good bonuses... alot better than a hat trick.

Please stop. RP is a regional airline just like Piedmont. Every single major airline out there is a better place to work than Republic or Piedmont. Don't forget that.

We have 3 HQ's one is SBY and one in MDT. And our big HQ is in Tempe. I wouldn't dare talk about balls when you get sh$t pay to fly a mainline replacement jet.

And no RP will not be getting anymore planes on the US side. Infact if the mainline grievance is won then you'll see some reduction.

Another former PDT FO that just can't let go!

Ummm, why would the WO's HAVE to take a hit? If the contract carriers took a hit and the WO's didn't, that would be fair and square as far as I am concerned.

Just for the sake of round-ish numbers: AWAC/Mesa/RAH/PSA schedules are for 3100 hours per month (12,400 total). Those 3 contracts (not PSA) have a minimum of 3000 block hours each, but Airways wants to cut the hours to 2900 hours each (11,600 hrs total) . Won't they still have to pay those 3 contract carriers for 3000 hrs (paying out for 11,900 hrs)? OR they could cut the 3 contract carriers to 3000 hours and PSA would take the bigger hit to 2600 hrs to make up the differnece (back to the desired 11,600). Because it is not under contract -- it's a w/o -- Airways has more direct control over how much and how little PSA flies. They would under-utilize PSA planes (like they have done recently) before they pay a contract carrier for the hours not flown (scheduling less than the contract min).

Clear as mud? My brain is hurting just trying to reread it. :beer:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back