PDT/PSA TA info?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ALGFLYR

Any information on the PDT and PSA TA's? Specifically what kind of flow-thru agreement was negotiated? Roadshows began today at PDT...

half of all future new hires at USAirways come from PDT and PSA equally, or 25 percent per WO, OR 3 per month US is hiring, whichever is lower. Conflicting reports of whether this agreement survives the merger. My guess is that it's not worth the paper it's written on.

half of all future new hires at USAirways come from PDT and PSA equally, or 25 percent per WO, OR 3 per month US is hiring, whichever is lower. Conflicting reports of whether this agreement survives the merger. My guess is that it's not worth the paper it's written on.

I got a little bit confused there. Did you mean 3 people per month as the low #, or was that a type-o sentence?

If US is really going to need 150 in the next three months, they better pick it up. Seems like the phone calls have dried up recently.

3 per month or 25 percent of hiring for that month, whatever is lower. Gives them an out to keep the flow manageable at Pdt if they hire 400 in a year, Pdt would need to train 100 new hires plus 100 upgrades to meet the 25 percent quota. We only have about 230 Capts and half of them are lifers so there would be extraordinary churn if they were forced to hire half of our Capts a year

What a deal.... 36 people a year max.... lol

Well that's just usair. People will go elsewhere as well, but either way it boils down to whether you trust airline management to follow this agreement. The TA has some improvements but also concessions, so overall it's been a waste of 4 years IMO. The health care cost increase offsets a large portion of the raises.

Went to the road show today... Union did a great job with its presentation. Yes it not perfect, but we will still be able to put our contract against most in the industry. As for health care cost its much better then the 500.00 a month family plan at Republic. And I think we still have the best Healthcare in the industry when you incluse what we pay.

I'll be voting Yes

Went to the road show today... Union did a great job with its presentation. Yes it not perfect, but we will still be able to put our contract against most in the industry. As for health care cost its much better then the 500.00 a month family plan at Republic. And I think we still have the best Healthcare in the industry when you incluse what we pay.

I'll be voting Yes

Any other details? Pay, min day, dh pay?

Modest pay raises below inflation, 75 percent DH, 11 day off min, 75 hr guarantee. 11 day off and 75 hr guarantee don't affect most of the pilot group. With new ft dt rules all lines will be close to 11 days off anyway.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back