• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PDT hiring pool letter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Remember US Airways is the first airline to semi emerge from all this mess. Piedmont took it pay cuts years ago, and now all the other regionals are doing the same. Think the problem is that now that all the regionals are taking hard hits and not too many FO's wanna bail to fly an RJ for less pay and worse work rules! We had some leave to AirWilly but I hear that there hiring it slowing down now also.
So attrition has slowed down... I start a 4 day trip tomarrow and if I run into anyone in the Training Dept. I will ask--------->"Yooo, whatzzzz up"

CP had said there would be a class either late Feb or early March. That was the plan as of mid January. Don't know whether that's changed or not.

The PSA merger is still nothing more than a rumor. At this time, neither group is preparing for a merger. I won't say that it won't happen at some time in the future, but definately not anytime soon.

WSurf said:
Think the problem is that now that all the regionals are taking hard hits and not too many FO's wanna bail to fly an RJ for less pay and worse work rules!

My Thoughts Exactly

The current pool at PDT contains people with interview dates from the 20th of September to the 20th of October. Placement in the pool is "good" for six months. This means that unless PDT starts bringing people to class before March 20th, they would have to re-interview a bunch of candidates.

That's my take on it.

ceo

FWIW I've been getting used more as a reserve, and I know of a few F/Os leaving. Probably a good sign for the poolies.

Latest resources

Back