PDT hiring pool letter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

avl_pilot

Just thought that I'd share this for anyone swimming in the hiring pool. Myself and about 23 others got an e-mail today from Sheila's office asking us to update our information and let them know if we are still interested in being in the hiring pool. I don't know if this means anything, but I thought it would be a nice change in pace from all the bad news we've been hearing for the past 5+ months. Hopefully this is a sign that a new hire class will be starting soon, but again it could just mean that they only wanted updated info. from some of the poolies. Hang in there guys and gals, the end of the wait just might be coming to an end sooner than later.:)

yeah got the letter too, but I don't think there will be a class anytime soon, after the news that they are merging with psa

Got the letter as well. What effect should the merger with PSA have on PDT? PSA pilots flying the Dashes? Or USAirways downsizing PDT's flying?

I don't know, I take this letter as a sign that they're getting ready to contact us sooner or later to let us know what's going on. I personally know of at least one person who bit the bullet and got on with AE. There may be more, as I've only been in contact with five or so people in the pool.

In any case, it would be nice to hear something from SBY, whether it's good or bad.

ceo

urpi said:
yeah got the letter too, but I don't think there will be a class anytime soon, after the news that they are merging with psa
Relax, I wouldn't waist anytime worrying about the "PSA Merger". Remember, the biggest news we've heard about it has been on here, a flight info rumor. If it is true, I wouldn't be concerned about how it is going to affect hiring until it comes from the company.

Hey guys, for what it's worth, myself and one other guy both interviewed in October, were the only two to get past the interview that day, and we're both withdrawing from the pool. It's been a few months, and I'll bet there are a fair number of people like us. Hopefully this means there's a class coming soon.

Good Luck!

CallmeJB said:
Hey guys, for what it's worth, myself and one other guy both interviewed in October, were the only two to get past the interview that day, and we're both withdrawing from the pool. It's been a few months, and I'll bet there are a fair number of people like us. Hopefully this means there's a class coming soon.

Good Luck!

OK, well that makes three that are out. Anyone else care to chime in?

psa is merging with lufthansa ,i just got the letter . plan to have a junior base of amsterdam. training starts next week bring your bong.

mu2 said:
Anyone elso hear anything about the next class?
I got a phone call last night from a buddy who flew with a senior capt. yesterday and was told that the next class would be in april or may. Not 100% sure I believe it since the capt. has been on medical leave for a while, but it sure does sound like the same old song and dance we've been hearing for the last 5+ months.

Latest resources

Back