• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PDT hires ERAU CAPT grads

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Damn all those hours flight instructing down the tubes. I should have just bought some time in a sim....sarcasm. Does that count as multi time? From what I hear that program is a joke and is full of controversy ie: broken promises and lawsuits. The program I went through actually made you flight instruct. But you had to get hired to get that "guarenteed interview." Learned my lesson on that one. Should have gone the FBO route.

I have become a firm believer in doing it the hard way. Struggling as a flight instructor and having students legally try to kill you on a daily basis. I wonder if they teach you how to get out of a near Vmc base to final in a duchess?

What a joke.

The DC9, er ah I mean MD90, is fast. You fly around at 220kts-250kts while manuevering for approaches. You have lots of power when you're climbing, accellerating and having to level off without busting altitude and airspeed limits. Pitch control is very important in the sim or you'll be all over the place.

After getting the DC9 type rating it should be much easier to learn the Dash 8 which is somewhat slower. Certainly easier than if they hadn't flown anything bigger than a Seminole before.

I know one of those three, didn't realize they were a riddle capt, seemed nice enough, fairly grounded in reality too, wasn't exactly a long drawn out conversation though...

sometimes people just don't realize what their getting into...

I've talked to tons of f/a's here at pdt, and at colgan that went to that 'airline academy' in florida, they all agreed it was a huge waste of time and money, but didn't know any better until after... now they know

and knowing is half the battle

I'm saying it would be much more effective to train in something you might actually fly after training. CRJ/ERJ/EMB-120/DHC-8/BE-1900. Where are these people going to get hired into a DC-9 with 500 hours? It just seems like expensive unnecessary training.

Somebody brings the question about single engine cessna flying? Every flight hour as PIC builds your decision making skills and adds to your experience column...especially if you are continiously learning on every flight.

Don't let anyone kid you that gaining experience in little planes is not worth something...because it is.

Latest resources

Back