• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PDT Aug 24 Class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well don't expect them to give you much notice. If they didn't give you a class date right off the bat, they will probably call you about 4 days before it starts and ask if you want in. That was my experience anyway. I just wish I would have studied more before they did that like everyone told me too!!

Good luck to all of you waiting hope you start soon, I don't like resereve!!!

Well I was told that they pull you by total flight time.

How long have you been on reserve? Where are you based?

I have only been on reserve for a month in LGA and its not too bad as long as they are using you, but when you sit there it really sucks because to be 90 min from the airport you can't go to manhatten or anywhere else thats fun.

As far as studying, I would try to get the limitations all memorized and the weights for all three airplanes and a good understanding of the airplane systems.
As far as 121 regs the only one that it would help to have someone go over with you is the altrnate planning and the 3585 rule. They covered it with us, but they didn't do it enough that everybody fully understood it.

Here's a little advice on preparing for training and class I found. Good luck guys:

Know the limitations for all three models inside out before you show up, then you'll just have to review during the first week for that test. Know the engine limitations by engine model number and airplane model number (i.e. 120A, 123C, 123 for the 102, 201, and 311, respectively). Read every bit of the systems stuff that you have time for, then take the test included in the CD, it'll be easy to go back and find the answers if you don't remember them. It is expected that you have done a lot of studying from the CD before you show up for class, just get into study mode now and don't stop throughout training. Once you're there resist the urge to lay back and let it all happen, stay ahead of class, re-read the material the night before so that class is a review. Pay attention in class, and write down every bit of what is covered that you don't already know firmly. Review your notes for the systems final, read the questions carefully, and you should have no trouble. While in and around the training building, do not complain about how rough it is, how things are structured, or blab about how many beers you drank and how much TV you watched last night. You are being listened to and building your reputation from day one. Be professional, attentive, and courteous throughout the entire experience, even when you're unhappy and burned out. Don't fall asleep during the videos. (I know, he left the room and no one will notice... Wrong.)

We must of been in the same groundschool lear24!! I know they'll not be happy if you are not paying attention in class. Even if you know your stuff they don't care.
Also something to think about, they give you small pictures (8.5X11) of the sim to study your flows, but you might want to get some blown up cockpit posters from avsoft for 40 bucks. It will make learning the flows easier.
Also, some guys get a week off between ground and the APT and sim, but others start the next day. Just because they say you have a week to look over the stuff for the next phase of training doesn't mean that it will be true!!
like in flying stay ahead of the game because once your behind its is a bitch to catch up!!!

I'll take that advise for sure! Just wish I could find somebody to go over some of these answers for the 2 tests they gave us.

post what you have questions on, I'm sure people can help you on this sight. Most of the pilots from piedmont on this site have like 5,000 hours or more in a dash 8

The questions below are because they aren't in the packet they gave us... at least not that I could find anyway.

Cabin Duct Hot caution light will cause which valve to adjust to the full cold position? I'm assuming pack valve.

An ACM Pack Hot caution light on the Dash-8-102/201 will cause what automatic function?

How can the ACM on the Dash-8-311 be shut down without shutting off the engine bleed air source. I'm assuming the Nacelle Shutoff Valve.

When operating the Dash-8-201/311 APU bleed air on the ground, what position must the MIN/MAX selector be in?

Can an AC Generator be MEL'd?

If the #2 system has no fluid how do you retract the gear? I'm guessing it would have something to do with the PTU.

What is the max airspeed with a RUD full press caution light?

Thanks in advance for the help. They gave us a 90 question test for systems and a 50 question test about company/121/SABRE. Too bad they only give you a week to do it all. But not like I have anything else to do (seriously). I'm officially jobless for another week - can't be too bad.

-Nick

Latest resources

Back