• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PDT Aug 24 Class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's anybody's guess right now. They shrunk lines in LGA so there are going to be like 8 of us on reserve in sept. and in SYR they have like four on reserve, but October will be different yet again. All the flying is shifting around and nobody knows where it will end!!

Just grab your ankles like the rest of us....

judging by your current position, i'll take your advise. going to watch National Geographic special about 9/11 and get pissed...

the instructor, knows you dont have answers to those questions, he will zerox a copy of that section the first couple days of class for you. and the first night in the hotel (total-craphole) you guys will all get together and review the take home tests. two tips. 1.review limitions now, and 2.there is a lot of foot stomping in class bythe instructor, when he repeats something that means it will be on the test, so write that crap down. well one more thing prepare for the sim if you can now, they have been canning people in the first 2-4 lessons if they are not keeping up, for some reason they dont want to help you out too much in the box.

Last edited:
Don't let the above post scare you unless you're not proficient in the basics. That being said, have the flows and callouts down cold before setting foot in the sim. That's what will get you the door treatment.

Also, attitude is VERY important. Show them you're willing to do what you have to do and then some, and you'll be fine.

With the limitations, don't worry too much about the autopilot, and FMS stuff. There are only a couple of them that mean anything to a trainee, and they'll go over that in class. If you still don't know what the important ones are, flag down someone on an overnight in the hotel. Spend your limitations time learning the speeds, weights, and engine crap.

Spend a little time with the systems stuff before training, but don't give yourself a headache with it either.

thanks for the last couple of posts. I'm probably going to rent a plane with an instructor and do some approaches under the hood. I haven't been flying instruments much lately, so I just want to be prepared. When we are paired up in the sim, we switch seats right? So I'll have to do the PIC callouts and vice versa?

Other than asking for the originating / receiving cecklist, and before starts, there really are no CA callouts.

Latest resources

Back