Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyinhard

We be flight instructin!
I have heard RUMORS from numerous people-All different sources-that ALG and PDT may be combined, and possibly laying off some people in the process. Has anyone else heard this or shed some light that this may not be true???

Certain management functions from all 3 WO's have been combined at ALG. It's called the SSO. Is it a pre-cursor to merging the three? Who knows. One thing is certain: There will be a lot of activity on our property soon. I just hope it's all good.

It would be to PDT and ALG benefit to merge. One group=more leverage. I just wish they would merge Comair and ASA.

Along with agreeing to the two previous statments, evverything here at PDT seems to be stabilizing for the most part. We made it out of bankrupsy with the rest of the group and everyone is waiting to hear the plan for rj fleet. I wouldn't start holding my breath yet but things could turn around pretty quickly at the three WO's. Lots of CA's are starting to leave for Airtran and a few more for places like FO and ATA. I have heard from the CA reserves and other places upgrades may be needed soon if only to cover atrition. It would be good to get our guys and gals off the street.

Its either going to go really good or really bad and it should happen soon.

Heres hoping for the good...

regards, DD

Last time I herd it was 19 give or take a few. Many at the bottom leaving for Comair and several capt for AirTran and JB/SWA so it hard to pin an exact #.

Officially PDT shows 31 pilots on furlough

NCflyer

31, but your right about lots of folks leaving for other carriers. I got a job in construction that pays about the same as a 7yr Capt. Very stable company, strong growth, nice people to work with and home every night. I love to fly but I think if I get a recall notice and go back my wife will throw my but out on the street.

I thought you guys had around 150 on the street. Hope they get a chance to fly again soon.
Good Luck,

NCFlyer

Since you guys usually had/have small classes... How far back does that go? Summer of '01???

I thought I read you guys had a class somewhere in Nov 01, but they never completed and were let go before an "official" furlough..

DASHDRIVER

How long or bad are the upgrades looking? At one point it was about 2 1/2 years.. Hopefully it will not be like it was some 3-4 years ago at 6 or better to get to the left seat...

Goes halfway into the January 02 class...as far as upgrades go, I'd imagine that any Piedmont F/O has a better chance of being an astronaut than a DHC8 Capt.

Top third of the seniority list are lifers...and J4J will effectively squash the upgrade hopes of a bunch of the more junior folks.
Especially IF the RJs come, and replace rather than supplant the Trash8.

Busterman, know how you feel...the local Police Dept. is pretty competitive with Piedmont, thrashes Piedmont on retirement and benefits, and has a much more competitve schedule.

I certainly don't hope our industry becomes a case of you get what you pay for.

Latest resources

Back