• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PCL pays NWA penalty for not fulfilling schedule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last month it was because of "large delays in the east coast earlier in the month". This month it is "pilot absenteeism".

I'm guessing fthe excuse for August on the press release won't be "management failure"...because that wouldn't be good for the stock price, now would it?

That's funny, NWA can't even staff their own flights yet they fine the regionals for improper staffing.

The only sure way to solve this problem will be for the public to say I have had enough, and I will vote with my feet and Louis Vuitton.

USAir came into California and bought Pacific Southwest Airlines that had good customer service, change that service to poor service and California slammed USAir. Hello Southwest.

Perhaps 9E should follow NWA's example of sick calls. That would cost much more than $1.1 million.

And before you start, I don't want to hear the RLA/ALPA "it's illegal" argument. Has anyone at NWA lost their job or union leaders been fined?

I'd rather fly now and take the month of Dec off! 1000 hours guarantees you'll be home for Christmas! As for the contract ... I don't think NWA wants 9E and XJ anywhere close to having the same ammedable dates. Look at the way the controll the two of us. One is happy the other is misearable.

I'd rather fly now and take the month of Dec off! 1000 hours guarantees you'll be home for Christmas! As for the contract ... I don't think NWA wants 9E and XJ anywhere close to having the same ammedable dates. Look at the way the controll the two of us. One is happy the other is misearable.

Most airlines wont let you time out, they will start taking away legs in October/November and give you some nice 5 hour sits in domicile.

They do that so even if you killed yourself all year for them, they can still ensure you will be in a hotel room on x-mas eve.

Perhaps 9E should follow NWA's example of sick calls. That would cost much more than $1.1 million.

And before you start, I don't want to hear the RLA/ALPA "it's illegal" argument. Has anyone at NWA lost their job or union leaders been fined?

DoinTime is absolutely right. There hasn't been any illegal job action at NWA. That's just the excuse that Steenland and his cronies feed to the press. Seen any lawsuit filed against the Association from NWA? Of course not, because nothing illegal is taking place. They'll try to play it up to the press, but they've got no facts to back them up.

An actual illegal sick-out could cost the Association tens of millions of dollars, and it will do absolutely nothing to help your cause.

Pinnacle may have to pay 1.1 million but they save much more than that by paying low wages and working their pilots to FAA limits and beyond when possible.

I think mgmt at 9E believes that, but I believe it is questionable at best, if you include training, recuiting, and other costs associated with the FO exedous at 9E.

They have no regard for famlies or their employee's personal life

now that IS true.

Turbo

Since when do Clowns (running an airline) care about their employees' personal lives?

<------- Just look at that pic. He should have joined a circus instead of an airline. Bet you a dollar that in his mind, he DID join a circus! [as far as management is concerned]

Latest resources

Back