PC 12 lands on street !

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Posted by KeroseneSnorter:

I can't think of any other planes using the -67 1200 SHP version off the top of my head.
The Beech 1900D has the -67. The -67D, as opposed -67B on the PC-12. But same power output. In fact I heard from a mechanic that the only difference between the "B" and the "D" had to do with the prop governor, and not the actual engine itself. It would be interesting to find out the failure rate on the 1900D (not other versions of the BE-1900) and compare it both to other versions of the PT-6 and compare it to the Pilatus PC-12.

I used to fly PC-12s before I flew the 1900D. When I flew it, being single engine never bothered me. But after a couple thouseand hours in the 1900, as much as I like the PC-12, I would be nervous being single engine again.

PC 12 driver

I have the joy of flying a 12...and it just got a new govenor/gear box assy...courtesy of P/W....seems that has been a source of metal with part numbers on it! So we in the 12 community are awaiting the verdict.....Engine is prolly already on its way to CaNaDa...lol

I used to work at an FBO with the pilot. Spent most of his time working on his dads Cessna 180, and not much time working. Guess he was a better pilot than line guy.

Flywrite said:
Great job to the pilots, and yes the PC12 is cool, but two questions keep popping into my head;

1) What if this had been a King Air 200?

2) What if it had been 100 & 1/2?

Again, great job guys!
What if it had been a Buick stalled out on the train tracks with the electic door locks shorted out and a fast freight train bearing down on them?

What if it had been a submarine and someone remebered they only had the screen door secured when they submerged?

What if they were snorkeling and there were sharks nearby, but the boat had drifted off it's mooring?

Last edited:
KeroseneSnorter said:
If we were only talking about Caravans then you would have a valid point. The PC-12 doesn't have as good a record as the van. The majority of the 12 incidents appear to be owner operator induced events. However there are 3 or 4 that are engine related. The PT-6 has not proved to be as reliable in the 12 fleet. I saw a tech article a while back about it possibly being PC-12 specific installation issues, but I have not seen anything since about it. The 12 is using a much bigger version of the PT-6 than the caravan. That may be part of it. I can't think of any other planes using the -67 1200 SHP version off the top of my head. May be teething problems that are occuring here and there. Kind of like the CFM's on the 737's back in the 80's, just flame out in cruise for no good reason.

I never had a speck of trouble with ours, but we only kept it for 600 hours or so, never really broke it in good.
That's true, but weren't those shut downs due to the fuel tank vents icing up? According to Kelner up in Canada, he puts 100 hours a week on a PC-12. From what I hear from him, he does his 100 hour on Sunday.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back