• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PC 12 lands on street !

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Bolin, the manager at a Marathon station, was outside lowering the price of gas on a sign from $1.69 to $1.68 a gallon when he saw the plane coming toward him."

I hate it when I get pressure form the boss to save on fuel. It can cause bad decision making.

Granite State Aviator Pride!

A good ol' New Hampshaah boy savin' the day and dead-sticking it in... keepin' up with tradition! YeeeHA!

PC-12's... hmmmmmm drool, slobber

Great job to the pilots, and yes the PC12 is cool, but two questions keep popping into my head;

1) What if this had been a King Air 200?

2) What if it had been 100 & 1/2?

Again, great job guys!

Yea I flew a 12 for a while.......and this very senario was my worst nightmare on the 200 and 1/2 days. I was not sorry to see the 12 go up for sale. Great airplane, great performance, lots of room........but I have had to shut down too many engines (ie. secure a dead engine) to be warm and fuzzy on one PT-6 in heavy weather.

Kudos to the crew, somebody needs to buy them a beer and a pair of pliers......the pliers being to dig the seat cushion out of their rear, I know mine would have dug a nice hole in the seat!!!

Great job guys. :)

Last edited:
Flywrite said:
1) What if this had been a King Air 200?

2) What if it had been 100 & 1/2?

Again, great job guys!
1) We might not be reading about it right now. Or maybe we would.

2) It would be a much more depressing story.

I used to fly lots of IMC in single-engine recips. I have had a powerplant failure in one of these single engine recips. Everytime I think about it, I realize how very very very lucky I wasn't in IMC. Phew!

However, I still have a deep lusty drooling desire for PC-12 gig. hmmmmm... (Better than a recip!)

KeroseneSnorter said:
...I have had to shut down too many engines (ie. secure a dead engine) to be warm and fuzzy on one PT-6 in heavy weather.
This is actually interesting, do you mind listing some examples? This is the second time in as many days as I have heard/read something to this effect, but never any details. I'd love to know the circumstances/reasons, if you don't mind.

Latest resources

Back