Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Paying thousands for a slim chance to get hired at SWA??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, I have applied to NetJets, as well. I am just trying to cover all my bases.

You fracking babies are in ever corner of the world. I say: put up or shut up, if your a man you'll suck it up and get the type and tell those SWA punks you can fly better than all of 'em put together. Be a man for crying out loud.

You fracking babies are in ever corner of the world. I say: put up or shut up, if your a man you'll suck it up and get the type and tell those SWA punks you can fly better than all of 'em put together. Be a man for crying out loud.

Sorry your out of a job with a family to feed, but, be a man, yeah thats the ticket. Dumb@ ss

Sorry your out of a job with a family to feed, but, be a man, yeah thats the ticket. Dumb@ ss

Have you considered Netjets or anther fractional? Doesn't cost a thing.

Aside the cost of a commercial-multi-instrument which last time I checked runs more then a 737 type.

What is funny about these debates is people think nothing of spending $20-100K to get their ratings for a $22K a year job. Then think it is nuts to pay $8k for a job which pays in excess of $100K fairly rapidly.

A wise man once told me, "you will always have a job if you have a type in a Lear."

No matter what you do, if you get a type it is tax deductable as an education expense. However, it can trigger an audit by the IRS. I speak from experience.

Good Luck. Sorry about the furlough.

And, kumbaya aside, if you're given a merit-based 1 in 4 or 1 in 3 chance of getting anything- and you're not confident you will...??? Might want to work on yourself a bit.

Are you trying to say we need to work on ourselves if we are unsure of spending 8,000 on a type that might not get us a job at SWA? That's not having a lack of confidence. That's a personal decision. BTW, personally i'd go for the type, and give it a shot.

trying to get a job at southwest is like winning the lottery playing your favorite numbers--

while you cant win unless you buy a ticket, but the odds of getting hired are not in your favor.

i would get a corporate type IE a citation V b/c that covers like 10 planes you would be able to fly.

not trying to rain on your parade, but odds are odds and they arent in your favor-- go with the more favorable plan, plus you know how many people out there are getting furloughed and not only have the type but have thousands of hours in type? but then again, SW hires the attitude and trains the talent.

who knows

SKIPPY

"im here for the gang bang." old school

Skippy is right, I had a southwest interview a few years ago and I have refuse to add to the lottery in hopes of getting the winning ticket.
What I have done is to improve skills with my current degree. I have many friends that went out and got a 37 type in hopes of southwest and it has not happen yet for them. maybe one day.

If you're just now "getting around" to thinking about maybe applying to SWA, then I would make the assumption that your chances of getting hired are a lot more slim than 25%.

No major airline is interested in pilots that, if forced to, would be willing to work there. From United to UPS, they want new-hires to be enthusiastic.

It's like trying to get into the Naval Academy: "Well, if I get turned down by Princeton, I'd be willing to go here."

Ya think they're going to let you go in?

Now I don't know for sure who SWA hires or doesn't hire, but I don't know of any major airline other than Jet Blue that welcomes furloughees into the fold. Once you've been dealt your cards, there you are.

Before you open a can of whoop a$$ on this guy, try actually reading his post. He HAS applied to Southwest and is thinking about the type.

Latest resources

Back