Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
smallOrgan,

You are wrong.

Didn't you read Roman's statement that most guys only fly 80 hours & that they just got a reduction in required staffing in the '05 concessions from me earlier?

Worry about your own staffing and don't argue with people whose jobs depend on THIS staffing formula. This issue has been beat to death internally and our MEC has investigated and answered to our satisfaction. Just because you find yourself in the uniquely unqualified position of not ever working at Hawaiian doesn't mean that you have some great perspective that we lack.

I'll forgive your condescension if you quit calling us naive.

Last edited:
FlickerFade said:
You are wrong.

Didn't you read Roman's statement that most guys only fly 80 hours & that they just got a reduction in required staffing in the '05 concessions from mine. .
Yes, I did read that.
And linear math is still linear math.
It has nothing to do with HOURS flown. It's how many FLIGHTS are flown per day vs. number of pilots on board since you need a bum in every seat.
It doesn't matter how nice your MEC makes it sound so that you are satisified, if pilots take extra flights, then those are flights that would otherwise be filled with other pilots. Simple math that even a man of your stature should be able to understand.

minisculeOrgan,

Yeah, that strategy worked great for AA in '99. Only cost their union $45M.

But it doesn't even apply here. If you had the real #'s on recalls, you would not be debating this topic with us/me. I have seen the stats on recalls of off-duty pilots. It's the reserves who are flying the vast majority of open time. Don't you think that those in the top 10 to be recalled are pressing this matter to its fullest? They have.

What are you doing at your company to prevent guys from maxing out their flying while guys are on furlough? Since it is such an important subject to you?

FlickerFade said:
I'll forgive your condescension
Pot...Kettle....Black

FlickerFade said:
If you had the real #'s on recalls, you would not be debating this topic with us/me.
Then post them.

FlickerFade said:
What are you doing at your company to prevent guys from maxing out their flying while guys are on furlough?
When the F-word shows up on the property where I'm currently working, you can bet we'll be doing what we can to keep guys from taking extra flying. Until that day, I'll just stick my nose in your business as I see fit. Then again, this is kinda like wrestling with a pig. You just end up dirty, and the pig likes it.

1 + 1 still equals 2 last time I checked.

FlickerFade said:
Yeah, that strategy worked great for AA in '99. Only cost their union $45M.
Wasn't this a sick-out? I think you are confusing an illegal work action with simply not taking on extra flying. Big difference and a pretty weak argument.

Well, you've never worked at Hawaiian.

You don't know the relevant facts. Or any facts as best as I can tell. When you are given facts by those who do know you won't accept them.

So, all you're left with is an opinion and we all know what they're like.

Majority of pilots working overtime to help furloughed pilots get back on property sooner. Really, this is so simple even FlickerFade can understand it.

Hey, who ordered the chicken with the mango sauce?

Well guys, at your mythical airline your points may be valid. There just aren't very many guys flying on days off at HAL.

I know what we need is an airline running inefficient schedules. Flying min lines would get everyone back. That will help us all. We are just not as smart as you. At $70 a barrel oil I want HAL to hire back all 98 pilots without expanding. We'd all have jobs then YEAH!! (We just may not have an airline);)

I know I'm a liar. I am part of a conspiracy. The fact that I'm on the inside at HAL and actually understand the situation makes my points invalid. You guys really know the truth. And if you think that I'm posting official documents on this public forum.......................

Sure that pink ooze isn't KoolAid for your little "I know what the truth is about Hawaiian" cult?!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back