• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pay raise for Hawaiian Airlines CEO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know Dan, I can't see fuel going down more than $.40 a gal anytime soon if ever, in the meantime, Hawaiian will have been reaping the benefits of the lower cost.
The silence of late from the rumor mill is deafening.

We know he should get nothing but even the agency that appointed him said he "only" deserved a million or so. Not sure if they think his collected salary is included in that figure. It appears he even digusted them with his greed. I can't imagine the Judge giving him more than what Gotbaums boss's said he should get, which means a million max.

None of the legacy carriers had the cash to risk at the time that SWA started hedging, and Southwest did. Worked out well for them. HAL will be between a rock and a hard place now. Do you hope that the cost of jet fuel drops drastically, or remains well above the price we hedged at?

At 1.60 a gallon with 40% of our fuel for 2005 is a pretty good bet right now if you ask me.

As for next year-time will tell. I bet other carriers would like to have 40% of their fuel hedged right now.

Last edited:
Erndogg said:
At 1.60 a gallon with 40% of our fuel for 2005 is a pretty good bet right now if you ask me.

As for next year-time will tell. I bet other carriers would like to have 40% of their fuel hedged right now.

I'm thinkinig about hedging for my honda. My wife said it cost her 50 bucks to fill it up last week. I bet the 135 operators/flight schools are feeling the pinch. Wonder what avgas is up to.

mdanno808 said:
Wonder what avgas is up to.

My next door neighbor is one of my former students - and is now looking to buy a new Cirrus. He said the flight school (in the Seattle area) he's currently at charges $4.35 for a gallon of 100LL. He said it is making him consider not making the purchase.

Ouch.

HAL

HAL said:
My next door neighbor is one of my former students - and is now looking to buy a new Cirrus. He said the flight school (in the Seattle area) he's currently at charges $4.35 for a gallon of 100LL. He said it is making him consider not making the purchase.

Ouch.

HAL

Paid $5.00/gal for 100LL last month in LAS and today it's $5.55. When it hits $6.00 I'll siphon my tanks, sell the fuel and park my plane permanently.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back